Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yet another wheel question???

Yet another wheel question???

Guys, I know that I saw a pic of the back of an R wheel here somewhere...but darned if I can find it now, even after doing a search. A friend send me a pic of some wheels he just bought, and they look like 2 early deep 6's and a set of R's to me, but I can't swear to it. I tried to post, but I was told the pic has too many of something or other. Could somebody lead me to the post on R wheels or offer more info, like a description of what should be found on the backside of same? Thanks, Paul
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

I think that post was on the , parts for sale section
    Sam

Self anointed Head of the SSSP
    ( Super secret seat police )
    our motto is : if you've got a bug up your ass, we put it there

67S polo red 307958S (gone but not forgotten )
    87 factory turbolook Lagoon green metallic ( G50 O'yeah )

Paul - here are some pictures of 7R wheels:

Rear of wheel
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Andy

Early 911S Reg #753
    R Gruppe #105

Front & side:
    Andy

Early 911S Reg #753
    R Gruppe #105

Here is another. Let me know exactly what you are looking for and I will get a picture

Deep 6 on the left, 7R on the right

Nick Moss - Early 911S #476 - RGruppe #318 - early911.co.uk

Many thanks to all! I'm sending a link to my friend. Methinks he just hit the jackpot!
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

Nick, there's something odd about your picture above - that doesn't look like a 'deep six' to me.
    Andy

Early 911S Reg #753
    R Gruppe #105

mmm. As I look at it again, it does look odd. It's not my pic so it could be a 5.5". It's definitely a 7R on the right
    Nick Moss - Early 911S #476 - RGruppe #318 - early911.co.uk

Thats a pics of my 7R rim which has a late "flat" 6 next to it. You can see the small band or hump for the tubless tire. Heres some deep 6s and 7Rs.
    HTH Alan.UK

ok, what do we have here...

thanks to everyone for chiming in... still not 100% sure, but it seems there is a good chance this might qualify for a "found-in-a-barn" kind of xmas story.

I found this set of 6 and 7 x 15 in my mechanics warehouse in Istanbul. He did not think they were anything special. When i mounted them they rubbed on the *inside* of the right rear, on the oil lines...

After measuring them, as best I could tell, backspace 145mm, frontspace 50mm, offset 47mm, inner rim width 7", overall rim width 195mm. Couldn't find any markings on the inside, either stamped or in ink.

the valve stems seem to be correct (ie large, i think) from what GeorgeK tells me.

the weight is 12lbs, though this only with my bathroom scales which isn't terribly accurate.

The front 6s aren't deep-dishes, by the way -- i could make out the stamp on them, which is 911.361.020.00

Seem to be having trouble posting pics here, but if anyone has the patience you can take a look at some here:

http://www.unver.org/911r/index.php

I've ordered a set of Goodyear Eagle Venture 195/65/15 and 215/60/15 V-rated tires.

Evren, '71E