Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 150,000th 911

Hey Jared,

After I posted that question, I realized, ALL Porsches have cop shocks, cop engine, etc.
    Charlie
    '66 912
    '50 VW Bug
    '89 VW syncro Tristar Doka
    '83 VW Westfalia

Not sure if anyone is still looking into this issue of the 150,000 Porsche built. I am and have been for a while. Ever since I bought the car from David Nurse, and he told me it was the 150,000th. I've had it since 1981 when David returned from being deployed to Germany and other countries while he was serving in the military. Just trying to verify the cars history.

Quote Originally Posted by Cbottner View Post
    Not sure if anyone is still looking into this issue of the 150,000 Porsche built. I am and have been for a while. Ever since I bought the car from David Nurse, and he told me it was the 150,000th. I've had it since 1981 when David returned from being deployed to Germany and other countries while he was serving in the military. Just trying to verify the cars history.
    Any current pictures? Good luck with your search.
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

1971 911s

Sorry for my delay responding on my initial posting on my car. The VIN number is 9111300011. The original owner, David Nurse was in the military service, stationed in Germany. He ordered the car and prior to taking receipt of it, he was notified that the car was the 150,000th Porsche to have been made. As such, Porsche wanted to have a small ceremony at the factory, for him to take delivery of the car. He did and there are some pictures around showing this. David stayed in Germany/Europe for almost 10 years before returning to the States. I was lucky to be in the right place at the right time on his return in 1981 and met him in Virginia while I was working on our 356 E-Production SCCA/MARRS race car at my buddy shop - German Motor Services and he wanted to sell the car. I've had it ever since and after raising 5 kids, I'm finally getting time to finish the restoration of it. David stayed very interested in Porsches and was the Founding Member of PCA. I have not been able to find any contact information for him and would really appreciate it if anyone knows this to let me know. Thanks

That's a really cool story ...
    1966 911 Coupe - Slate Grey - 304598 - still in restoration!

Member #1616

1971 911s

150,00th Porsche - VIN 9111300011

Thought you guys might like a visual update. Clark brought the 150,000th car to us for a corner balance and alignment, and some final fitment adjustments. In the words of Clark W. Griswold Sr. "It's a beaut, Clark!"

Name:  Photo Dec 04 2023, 12 57 11 PM.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  107.4 KB

Wow !!!

Is it Tangerine or Bahia red ?
    searching gearbox 771 XXXX

searching engine 6320659
    searching gearbox 7323639

I'm a photographer too instagram.com/unproshot

Bahia Red. The direct light iPhone picture doesn’t really do the color justice.