Thread: R Gruppe goes Big Time!

R Gruppe goes Big Time!

R Gruppe is officially famous ... check out this month's Excellence Magazine - pgs. 61, 63, and 65 (you'll get the best look on pg 65 in the the third picture).

Big thumbs up to window stickers!!!!
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

Woo Hoo! I'll be checking it out...as soon as my copy arrives!
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

Gburner
    Here is a link to pictures from Pano of the window decal.
    So did Rick Cabell have something to do with these 910 replicas?
    They look awesome!

-Marco

we're famous...

oh we're famous alright...... just start a thread titled "RGruppe" over on PP BBS and see all the noteriety you'll get !!

...could be a good reason why we tend to stick to ourselves over here in early 911 heaven.

Nice article too..... must be a kick to drive on the track !!! 1300lbs with a 2.4 S powerplant, should move pretty well, but from the article they said it felt it was down on power as they were not winding it out.

Can't wait til they put in the real engine...!!

I guess the only question remaining is where they got the sticker... I think the guys brother is #18

cheers!
    Johnny Riz
    73E euro 3.2 w. a few goodies
    Rgrp 152
    S Reg 335

Not me!

Gburner.....
    Nope, I had nothing to do with the featured car in this months Excellence.
    I have been to busy clearing snow to read the article that a nice gentleman scanned and emailed to me from the Pelican board.
    I understand that the builder of that 910 was building it for a customer/friend with deep pockets. It was one of two projects. Someone from Pelican supected that the 2nd one is to be a 917.
    Out standing job..........The cost for that car car if even for sale would be double, or triple what my "finish it yourself", cars cost.
    I owe the Pelican board posters a bigger explaination as to what my project is about,and when I post it over there, I will post it here also.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

It came from me

The R Gruppe decal that is. I know Erik Shahoian personally as he was the one painted my 69S back in 1995. I knew about this 910 being in the works as far back as 2 years ago. It was in his garage when I first saw it. Pretty amazing for someone to build it out of a two car garage but he's a pretty talented engineer. He poured his heart and soul into this project and the end result speaks for itself. I was hoping to get first crack at giving it some ink in the newsletter but i guess Excellence issue got out before mine. Anyway, there's a two page write up from Erik in the soon to be published issue of R Gruppe News. Pretty cool car to put the R Gruppe decal in.

wait til you see this one, about a year ago, one of our guys back east decided to put his R Gruppe decal in his F14 Tomcat fighter plane and sent me a photo of it for the newsletter.

Cris

#18 is his cousin

hey Johnny Riz, you almost got that one. Ken Shahoian is #18 and quite a driver in his own right.

Re: It came from me

Originally posted by Cris Huergas
    Wait til you see this one, about a year ago, one of our guys back east decided to put his R Gruppe decal in his F14 Tomcat fighter plane and sent me a photo of it for the newsletter.

Cris
    That has to be THE MOST BADASS thing that has ever happened in the history of Porsche clubs.
    -Marco