Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RHD Carrera RS 2.7 M471 'Lightweight'

RHD Carrera RS 2.7 M471 'Lightweight'

Autofarm in England have yet another fabulous RS for sale at £130K ($230K)

Nick Moss - Early 911S #476 - RGruppe #318 - early911.co.uk

Umm... ok.. That's an interesting animal to say the least. I'm going to agree with George on this. Reshelled, wrong motor (original motor in a crate) so where's the RS in it?
    Tim
    1973 T

Greetings,

The car does come with all of it's original parts. The new tub is said to be a Porsche supplied RS tub so...It is not like this is a made up car. If all stated can be documented it is not terrible. The non original case thing is so common on these cars it should be expected. This car has the best of both worlds in my opinion with a new engine and the original case on the side.

Best,

Don

I did not even look at the price George. I was just looking at the car. I guess as it sits you are right the original car is not what you would be driving. If you want silly there was the Penske 73 RSR that was purchased by Al Holbert, wrecked reshelled twice. Today it sits as on old IMSA GTU roller with all kinds of rollcage tubing through it, Fiberglass bodywork and the seller is selling it as the 73 RSR for asking $175,000! Thats nuts. There is no part left from the Penske RSR, just the story.

The RS market seems to be getting like the Barrett Jackson auction- Disbelief on how high the prices can go. If I could only get my crystal ball working again!

Best,

Don

Originally posted by Rennman
    Greetings,

The car does come with all of it's original parts. The new tub is said to be a Porsche supplied RS tub so...It is not like this is a made up car. If all stated can be documented it is not terrible. The non original case thing is so common on these cars it should be expected. This car has the best of both worlds in my opinion with a new engine and the original case on the side.

Best,

Don
    Aw shucks, Don. Give Roger Penske a call. He knows a little about thinning the sheetmetal out on racing cars. Ever heard of acid dipping? The famous Z28 Camaro that ran in Trans Am in the late 60's was a perfect example of incredible creativity and a will to win at any price.

Regards,

Tom

PS:

Note my post regarding this issue:
    http://d240157.u39.zeonhost.com/foru...hlight=Carrera
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Didn't the story go something like they were cought acid dipping and actually had to replace the roof section obtained from a car at a nearby dealership if they wanted to race? And did so. Heard that one at the historics at Lime Rock this year..

Don

rs

Don,are you refering to the al holbert rsr#9110050009(3600307)that belonged to dick gundeck. If that's the rsr your talking about ,it sold 3 weeks ago to kevin jeanette of gunnar porsche.I was intimately involved.....it sold for $150,000.It's at gunnar now being totally restored

Greetings,

Yes Frank that was the car I was refering to. I am once again amazed. I know the last incarnation has lots of history. I am just not sure how that car can be the 73 RSR again. That was two tubs ago. To me this car today is the car that was built in 1975 with the new tub with the history from then on. These are just my opinions so I am open to "education". What will happen if the original 1973 RSR tub turns up as a finished car?

Anyway I am sure Kevin will do an amazing job. Has it been decided what form the build up will be? Are you the happy new owner?

Best,

Don

To put this price into perspective Russell Edmonds (Edmond Harris) recently sold what is reckoned by many to be the most original RHD Lightweight for £95,000.

The car has all its original panels, interior & engine & is in beautiful condition.

However, certainly here in the UK, there seems to be an increasing number of people prepared to pay whatever it takes to get an RS on the advice of a new crop of 'experts' who have suddenly appeared.
    Andy

Early 911S Reg #753
    R Gruppe #105

holbert rsr

Don,
    i am not the owner,i just fronted the money and put the deal together, kevin is doing a 100 point restoration on my rs touring/lightweight# 0788 as payment of the interest. i have lent kevin money in the past plus several other things.my relationship with him is like brothers. 0788 will be at the rennsport event at daytona.i have no opinion as to the value of this rsr,but knowing kevin,it will be fabulous and get sold my him for huge money he has a year to pay me back.another deal i couldn't refuse#0788 was the car at symbolic about two months ago.what's a good touring worth100-125,add at least 25 to that for a liteweight and going higher;supply and demand,weakness in the dollar,my advice in anybody can find a touring under a $100 it's a good buy,that's why i bought the rs from ferrari of orange county