I'm new at this forum stuff so if I do something stupid, excuse me. I (we, Linda and Brian) have a 69 s we bought on our honeymoon in germany/france and shipped back. We are startiing the process of researching the history. We have sent in a request for Authenticity from Porsche and will be mailing in our membership form to your registry for starters.

The cars VIN is 119301010. We bought it from James Avis who vintage raced it in FIA (fia or asn no: 98/2266). He lives in England and we will be contacting him also in an effort to fill out the history. He said that the car was purchased by him already prepared as a race car (cage/lowered/emergency kill switch) out of a barn in Italy.

Any links/help/suggestions anyone may have that would further our efforts would be appreciated.

On a personal note. We picked up the car in Paris and went to the 1998 24 hrs of LeMans. Pariticipated in a "Lap of Honor" around (2x around) the circuit, parked in the Porsche Corral and slept (cat napped) at the track that night in the car. Celebrated extensively at the finish! Drove the car through the countryside with no agenda for 2 weeks and shipped it home. Unfortunately customs took their toll on the car (looking for drugs?) and the car has not run since. (nothing major/lack of time on my part)

I will try to get pictures loaded in the near future and look forward to finding out more about our car.
Looking forward to