Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How does your broomstick go?

Originally posted by nick-moss
    Sprint

Is the flat part of your boot floor ribbed like this
    Sigh... Nick, my car is an odd one... Katie has got ribs like the first pic, but no depression.... Yet the truck is for a RHD as there glovebox is on the left hand side....

I think the lack of a depression is the culprit to my sagging column problem. Your thoughts? Can I knock a depression on the trunk floor?

Can that broomstick be removed to facilitate work? I keep tugging at it but can't seem to free it completely.... Also, I can't get my connectors loose to seperate the switchs from the column...

Merry Christmas!!! 1am here in Sunny Singapore!

Sprint.

Originally posted by SprintStar
    Can that broomstick be removed to facilitate work? I keep tugging at it but can't seem to free it completely.... Also, I can't get my connectors loose to seperate the switchs from the column...
    Every single part of the car can be removed, otherwise how did it get there in the first place? Buy some good tools.

I wouldn't beat out a depression but I suggest you dismantle the front-end and investigate thoroughly.

BTW - Your car looks really nice!
    Merry Christmas

Ian.

p.s. What is Singapore like?

Originally posted by Ian Morton
    Every single part of the car can be removed, otherwise how did it get there in the first place? Buy some good tools.

I wouldn't beat out a depression but I suggest you dismantle the front-end and investigate thoroughly.

BTW - Your car looks really nice!
    Merry Christmas

Ian.

p.s. What is Singapore like?

Good call on removing parts. I suppose the doctor would prescribe more patience and elbow grease for me.

I think it's the depression I'm missing. I'll try take a pic soon.

Thanks for your compliments on Katie. I love her!!! She's one of 5 early 911s left in Singapore.... You don't want to know how much I paid for her. Let's just say I could buy a RS with that money if I was in the US.

Singapore's wet this time of the year. Hot and humid is the climate as we are a tropical island. Fun to visit. If you ever come, I'll be your guide!

Sprint.

Quote Originally Posted by SprintStar View Post
    Hello Gang,

I'm referring to the long steering column piece in '67 and earlier cars. The one that extends to nearly the fuel tank. Does your broomstick lay flat on the trunk floor or is there a gap? Mine has a gap and there is a fair bit of space (about a finger's width) between the bottom of my dash (where the tacho sits) and the top of the switch box (that thing with the steering shaft and wiper and indicators switches).

Help me out here. I'm having my car in pieces to chase this ghost.

By the way, some dude Down Under told me I had to remove my fuel tank to change my brake master pump... I pulled it out and nope.... I don't see my master cylinder. Am I missing something? The master pump is accessed from the bottom, right?

Thanks.

Sprint.
    '67S.
    Hello Sprint,

I do have the same problem. Did you find a solution?

Thanks

Florent

I await with interest to see whether the OP from this thread from 17 years ago responds.
    Rich Spritz

1959 BMC Huffaker Mk1 Formula Junior racecar
    1967 Porsche 911 racecar
    1969 Porsche 911T
    1970 Winkelmann WDF2 Formula Ford racecar
    1973 Merlyn Mk24 Formula Ford racecar
    2007 Porsche 997C4 cab (totaled by an idiot running a stop sign)
    2014 Porsche 991 TurboS cab
    2019 Cayman GTS (wife's)