Thread: Sport Seats / Stable Energies FE Mount

Jared Rundell - Registered User JCR's Avatar

Sport Seats / Stable Energies FE Mount

I thought I did my homework here.

After combing through every fire extinguisher thread I could find – I decided on a front passenger seat location, halon bottle (dry chem. in trunk) and a Stable-Energies mounting bracket since it has a low key look and moves with the seat. After several emails with the friendly SE staff, stating I had early sport seats, I was assured this particular mount would fit all non-power 911 seats.

Well…after scratching my head for a while figuring how it could possibly attach (they did say ALL non power seats didn’t they?), I sent them the below pic showing the bracket mounts considerably narrower than the rail attachment holes. Ooops, they were wrong – bracket does not work on the sport seat frame. They are just now starting to develop one that does, and anticipate it shipping in February (which I read as June - cynic that I am) but say it may not allow the seat to pivot fully up.

I don’t intend to start another favorite F/E mount thread, but would like to know specifically if there is an EARLY passenger sport seat front mount out there that will slide with the seat and allow it to pivot up fully. If not – I may wait for the new SE version or rig my own (which could get scary). Yes, I know there are other mount locations, but I want it HERE dag nabbit!

Hope this helps someone from going through the same thing I did!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Jared
    '73 911S #0793
    '69 912_ #0602
    Early S #0454
    RGruppe #0391