Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RSReplica

Talking Maybe modified to RS spec.?

Rick,

Your right, my car doesn't really fall into the literal RS catagory anyway. I started with the RS idea as a base and went on from there. Eventhough it has several original RS parts on it and a duck tail, its what I wanted to build for me. I had the opportunity to buy Jugen Barth's RS for a very very good price but didn't because I wanted to change things to my specs. It certainly would NOT been the right thing to modify an orignal car. And YES I do regret the fact for investment in something historical, I didn't buy it. I don't however regret what I built for me. A VERY FUN car to drive and enjoy and not have worry too much when I back it into a pole in front of my friends.
    What about RS Look?
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!

All the best!

Roger Grago
    R Gruppe #27
    73 RS-T
    70 2.4MFI VW Bus

Roger,

Good to see you've maintained your sense of humor about the pole incident.

I won't feel so stupid when I do it someday (unless I'm in the RS!).

Happy Holidays to all. Word has it that Santa might have brought me the new "Excellence was Expected" this Christmas!

Wolfman
    2015 McLaren 650S spider
    2001 Ferrari 550
    2010 Ariel Atom 3
    1979 Ferrari 308gtb

Paid-up Registry Member & proud of it!!

Originally posted by wolfturbo
    Word has it that Santa might have brought me the new "Excellence was Expected" this Christmas!

Wolfman
    Looks our lists had the same thing. There is an awfully heavy box under the tree. BTW, thanks for sending the family photo Rob. How did you land such a beauty? Merry Christmans all!

SW,

Sounds like you are on the right track. I agree with the advise to look for someone else's dream car and drive the snot out of it.
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

Addendum...

How about...buy your OWN dream car and drive the snot out of it?
    Bahia Red '72 911S
    Meerblau PTS 2019 Speedster
    GP Silver, 2018 GT2RS WP....the BEAST
    Daytona Gray 2021 RS6 Avant....BEAST #2...Best daily EVER

ES #333

GONE...MANY, many great ones....

Where are they for sale

Where are these cars that you talk about, any good ones for sale?

Michael

Re: Maybe modified to RS spec.?

Originally posted by rst73
    ........and not have worry too much when I back it into a pole in front of my friends.

What about RS Look?

I suppose it wouldn't be so bad Rog if there wern't guys like me taking pictures of the damage...

I like "RS Look" too....it's got my vote.

Happy Holidays to all !!!
    Johnny Riz
    73E euro 3.2 w. a few goodies
    Rgrp 152
    S Reg 335

Just be honest

Originally posted by Msnowdon
    Where are these cars that you talk about, any good ones for sale?

Michael
    Theres bin an ad for a 73 RS Clone running in the Las Vegas Journal on and off for the past eight months or so for $22,750.00. Completely restored.

I have to say alot of U boyz are dellusional, you buy these cars and piece them together with Gawd knows what year parts and have the gall to call them an RS replica, reproduction, recreation, clone or whatever else suits your fancies. The truth of the matter is that the only thing in common to thoses RS's or R's or RST's that you fancy, is that they wear the same marque badge. So lets stop the pretending that your into something special here...your plain out and out Hotrodders.

Now there is nothing wrong with hotrodding your cars, but lets call a spade a spade and be truthfull...You hotrod the cars to go fast and nothing more. So stop being sanctimonious in your delusional pretensions.
    Master of the Buffet

Voice of Reasoned Conservatism

Man, it's hard for me to respond to this thread without being
    busted for objectivity and perspective...

Oh well,
    Having both a real 73' S that has also been 'enhanced' to an RS look (bridging both worlds... to the pleasure of some and shock and discussed of others)
    And... having that same car displayed at shows AND 'tracked' at least 3 times a year, now with a stronger matched numbered engine...

I would honestly say ... I would not change my good fortune for a New York minute...

However, I would also say that if I was to do it again, or for that mater do it another time... I would probably NOT start with an S car...
    Like so many of us, I would start with a LWB shell (probably a 69'-T) and make it a 'rocketship' ... I think I'd lean to an ST look...

Also... Thinking about it, knowing me... If I was king an did have a real R, T/R, S/T, RS, or RSR... I would probably be doing the same with it as I do mine now...

Actually I did have one for 4 days last May (thank you God, and Stephen) and did exactly that...

All of this is up for lots of discussion over lots of beers boys...

See-ya at the New Years Day Rally, Lit Fair, and Dunkels

DRIVE YOUR CARS !!!!!!

My Holiday 2 cents worth

Cheers,
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

I understand being anal, when it takes a car that has the correct date stamps on hose clamps to win a trophy. That to me is going a bit too far...

But lets not forget that a stock 911S isn't a Beer Wagon, that it will give you immense driving pleasure, for a 1/3 of the price of an RS.

The anal part is the obession to make the thing perfect, while we all would like to have the perfect car, most will have some patina of use on them, which makes it's use easier for us to risk driving them.
    Master of the Buffet

Voice of Reasoned Conservatism

This is a link to RS replica on eBay that is obviously for track use only.

RS replica on eBay

I don't understand something so maybe those in the know can help me out. Why would this car, with the VIN # (I think) of a '86' Carrera, a 2.9L carburated engine and "DYNAMIC SUSPENSION" adjustable shocks, be allowed to compete in 'Historic' racing? Are the rules that lax just to draw in participants? Just curious, but you can buy it now for $80K.
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299