Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: RSReplica

Show cars

I rarely if EVER show my cars. It's kind of a sickening process. However, a few years back, I put my 356 (which IS show quality 3'rd owner car) into the Concours at Dana Point.

One of the judges, whom I happened to know, and whom, in my opinion knew far far less about these cars then I did, and certainly less about MY car, DEDUCTED POINTS BECAUSE THE VALVE STEMS, WHEN THE CAR WAS PARKED, DID NOT LINE UP IN THE SAME POSITION. Honestly. Jennifer was there when it happened, and she laughed in the guy's face.

THAT was the last time for me. I find no enjoyment in showing my cars. I can enjoy them without others approval or judgements.

I do LOVE original cars, and there are some mods that I enjoy doing to MY cars. I think everybody should do what they want to THEIR cars - isnt' that why we buy them? But I don't do any of it for the sake of a concours show - I buy and drive the cars for MY enjoyment. That's why I find the RGRUPPE so great - the cars are appreciated by others in the same way they are appreciated by their owners....No RGRUPPER'S are gonna worry about MY valve stems...

My RS does not have the matching numbers engine. IT DOES have a RUF rebuilt 911/83 engine, and it FLIES! This 'mod' certainly does not make the car less valuable TO ME, NOR less desirable. In fact, to me, it makes to car much cooler - how many RUF restored RS's are out there?????

My 72S, has the original matching numbers engine, 'enhanced' to RS 2.7 specs....Does THAT make it 'less valuable or desireable' then if it had been rebuilt to exact, original factory specs? NOT to me....

But that's all just my opinion, which is all that really matters about my cars...

Oh well, I ramble...just my .02...
    Bahia Red '72 911S
    Meerblau PTS 2019 Speedster
    GP Silver, 2018 GT2RS WP....the BEAST
    Daytona Gray 2021 RS6 Avant....BEAST #2...Best daily EVER

ES #333

GONE...MANY, many great ones....

Stacy, you "ramble" quite well...in just the right vein of RGruppe....

carry on oh mighty soldier !!!!

Johnny Riz
    73E euro 3.2 w. a few goodies
    Rgrp 152
    S Reg 335

Ramblin' ON...

Thanks Johnny!
    Bahia Red '72 911S
    Meerblau PTS 2019 Speedster
    GP Silver, 2018 GT2RS WP....the BEAST
    Daytona Gray 2021 RS6 Avant....BEAST #2...Best daily EVER

ES #333

GONE...MANY, many great ones....

Stacy, about those valve stems...were they of the proper German manufacture (as imported from China) or were they alas, made in the USA (as imported from China).? I tell ya, things like this are important.
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

Honey

It's whatever turns you on, that counts. It's your gelt, your time, and your effort. If it makes you happy, whats to worry, what a putz of a concours judge should think? Oi vey!