Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Early Recaro fixed buckets

Recaro, second photo

seat back, detail.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Ernie W
    member of Early 911S Registry

Recaro, date

looks like this number might be the date? July 1970 ?
    Ernie W

Backround pic

Ernie,
    In a earlier post on the folding recaro seat bases, in the back ground you show two other seat brackets laying on the ground. Those appear to be the factory seat mouning brackets for the lightweight seats.....correct?
    My New Years eve consisted of tearing my 73 RS down to the body shell. The seat brackets were exactly like those on the ground which I believe are original lightweight mounting brackets.
    The weight differance would about to about 20lbs per side !!

These pictures are interesting. The seat shell looks identical to the later (what I call) "ST" seat. Difference is that the upholstery and headrest mounting is like the earlier seat (like the model pulled out of the airplane). It would make sense that as Recaro evolved the seats, they found ways to make them better and cheaper. I know from fitting my "R" seats with Grommets that it is a time consuming process. The bolt on headrest mounts are a pain as well. It's obvious why they tried to find an easier way. Given these pictures, it would appear that the seat models changed at a different time from when the grommets and old headrest mounting system were phased out. Interesting...

BTW: Thanks for the kind words from you guys who have purchased my seats. I really appreciate it. Thanks!

Peter Z

RS lightweight seat bracket

Hi Rick,
    Yes, thats a pair of lightweight RS/RSR seat brackets. The following photos are from RS # 1382, Mark Heininge is the owner and states, it's one of 17 cars as homologated. The drivers side seat is the thumb screw adjustable type, and the passenger side is a fixed type bucket. The drivers seat has the original type tracks, and the passenger seat has later style Recaro tracks, and no head rest. Also under the seat are two snaps to hold the rubber floor mats in place.
    Ernie W

RS lightweight seat bracket, details

When installing the brackets, two for each seat you can flip them to change the height of the seat. And Yes, lightweight.
    Ernie W