Thread: Storage/parking space?

Storage/parking space?

Hello,
    Hope that the holidays were safe and happy for everyone.
    I lost some storage space for a '72 914-6 (factory) and was wondering if anyone has knowledge of or can provide some space for a while? Hoping (wishing?) for something that's not too expensive... I'm in the L.A. area. If you can help, please PM me. Thanks.

Early 911S Registry # 237 NeunElf's Avatar
    I went so far as to make a couple calls to self storage places in Northeastern LA County. Out here you can get a stall big enough for a Porsche for about $ 150/month.

What really struck me was that they returned calls promptly and very solicitous and eager for my business. I infer that they really, really want business.

If you go that route and shop around you might get a good deal, maybe a month's free rent, and get through the rainy season for not too much money.

I know a mechanic who is real slow at finishing things. You could take it in for some minor work and leave it for a month or two. The work might get done or it might not. Either way, you car would have some nice company. (914/6, '89 Speedster, '76 Turbo, a few 911s and a 356 sitting right now.)

Gburner
    yeah Zeke,
    For the same price of storage you could have the some paint and body work attempted as it sat without storage fees in a body shop for months.
    Pull it out after 6 months, no work completed no fee owed????

Same idea. Of course, I was joking, but in a pinch, it would work.

I remember reading a funny in R&T years ago. A NYC car dealer, trying to pump up the service shop, offered a $18.95 oil & filter change deal. A guy showed up every morn, gave them his car, paid them after he got off work. Service manager tried to explain that he didn't need to change oil every day. Guy replied that he knew that, but where else could he safely park in NYC all day for less than $20?
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)