Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: early hood badge

Registry member# 206 fourteenten's Avatar
    Robert,

I'll have one, no make it two ...

Cees

Rob,

I would be interested in at least one and probably two. Thanks.
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

I would take three.
    Dick Moran

Robert,

You can even export some as well if you want I know I can sell 20 in a heartbeat down under.

Clyde

Robert, as mentioned before, I'd be interested in half a dozen at least.
    Andy

Early 911S Reg #753
    R Gruppe #105

I suspect that someone like Stoddard, Pelican Parts etc. might have a real interest in them as well so you should be able to ramp up production to some meaningful numbers for sake of profit.

Good luck,

Tom
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Hello, The colour on the early Porsche hood badges is not paint. It is glass. Coloured glass is ground to a powder, then placed on the badge in the appropriate places [ the black and orange ] then the badge is fired [ heated] the glass is melted on the badge.

Any colour glass can be made. Its easy. I've seen 24k gold added to yellow glass to make a really beautiful yellow. Like now other yellow you've ever seen. This yellow glass and gold formula was used over a hundred years ago, possibly longer I'm not sure when making Chinese snuff bottles.

I just moved and in one of my fifty boxes in my garage I have a address of the fellow who specializes in making ANY hood badge for ANY car. And you will not be able to tell his from NOS. He has been doing this for at least 20 years. All I can remember is that he is in Great Britian near London on either Old Millhouse Road or Baker Square. I will try and find the address for you fellows this Sunday if time permits.

Regards, Edmond

The car will be repainted this fall, but the weathered, orangish, early badge will not be replaced. It will stay as a tribute to the car's era and the long life its lead.

Viva los early hood badges!
    71 914 3.0, 82 SC, ESR 376, RG 307

"The problem with the world is, the ignorant are cock-sure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertram Russell