Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: pdw72s

No, don't buy it....

We can't let Curtis sell his S.....it's become "part of him"....Like Paul's is to him.....

It would be like separating family.....
    Johnny Riz
    73E euro 3.2 w. a few goodies
    Rgrp 152
    S Reg 335

Metallic green

Its a '72 T that needs a lot of work ond complete. It was green-matallic ('was' is right, because the car is prepared for a paint job) but i am not a fan of metallic-colours on the older 911 (ok gemini i like...).
    That's funny. Mine used to be a metallic green. The 2nd owner had it repainted Irish Green in the late-80s.

I think the next time it needs paint (it gets driven a lot) I'll go back to the original color.
    Greg DuPertuis

1972 911T
    Leesburg, VA

early 911's

eade,i sent you a personal message about several low milage original early cars that are not on the market.in the last 60 days I bought 3 carrera rs's,and am running out of room

@Greg
    Oh its funny... my car will make the same story like yours I think there are not many '72th which were build in metallic green.

hmm, ok i have some time to make the colour decision... My girlfriend likes the signal orange...

Best Regards
    Winnie
    1972 T targa vipergreen in very bad condition (what should i do with it?)
    1972 T Coupe in restoration (i'll do many work on it)
    1978 SC Targa in good condition and a lil bit more hp's than the original 180 (al lil bit to new for me, but a great driver)

Paul,
    Your car is certainly one beautiful machine. I love its stance. What size are the wheels and tires? And what finish do the wheels have (in that pic, they almost look as if they are that matte finish, a la RSR...)

Thanks!
    William
    1971 911E Targa

All of you 911E owners, come join us at The 911E Registry at 911E.org

William, the wheels are the later 7X15's...sometimes I wish I'd kept the 6's. Tires are 195/65 yoko A008P's, no longer made in that size. Other than having the wheels painted in the original pattern, the finish is the stock anodizing...it looks different, but I think it's just the result of decades of loving washing & drying.

Stacy, I love that Irish Green Cab!
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

Re: early 911's

Originally posted by fg1227
    in the last 60 days I bought 3 carrera rs's,and am running out of room
    Frank,

You have been very busy. You shared with us your purchase of the Grand Prix white/red car on eBay and RS #254, what is the third car you have bought? Inquiring minds want to know. Are you going to take one to Rennsport in April? Thanks.
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

Irish Green Cab

Paul - thanks for the compliment on the Cab! As you already know, I LOVE your 72S, and Irish Green is THE PERFECT COLOR for an early "S"....

Ever since I started on the early "S" obsession, I've toyed with selling my 356 Cab....Fortunately, Jennifer and I consider it part of the family, so I don't think it will be going anywhere soon...
    Bahia Red '72 911S
    Meerblau PTS 2019 Speedster
    GP Silver, 2018 GT2RS WP....the BEAST
    Daytona Gray 2021 RS6 Avant....BEAST #2...Best daily EVER

ES #333

GONE...MANY, many great ones....

Keep it Stacy, If you ever sell a "member of the family" car, you'll be in a funk over it for the rest of your days....
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

Hmmpt

Curtis doesn't fall in Love with anything...everything has it's price..and he will move on!

Stacy keep your Cab, it's great for open air crusing...just imagine going up the coast on a nice sunny day.....speed ain't everything, sometimes it's just about style.
    Master of the Buffet

Voice of Reasoned Conservatism