Thread: My 69E, does anyone know the car/history

My 69E, does anyone know the car/history

I've followed this forum with great interest since purchasing my car last September. I was wondering if any of the west coast members know anything about the car or it's original owner who was living in Arizona, "as I understand". I know the car was at Cambria, I believe in 2001 or 2002.
    The owner's name was Duane Ruckle. I have receipts for work performed while he was the owner but there are some gaps I would like to fill in.

the Burgundy Red E that was in a recent thread for sale on E-Bay is very similar to this car. This car does have new paint on the trunk lid and engine lid, otherwise it is original. Most everything except the re-done sport seats, incorrect rear view mirror and later quartz clock are original.

I thought I would post several pics of the car.

This forum is sure a great way to share info on these cars and I have already been able to learn a great deal about this car from reading the exchanges.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Scott Marshall
    911 S Registry member#724
    1981 Porsche 911SC
    1993 Porsche 968 Clubsport
    1961 Abarth Record Monza, 1964 Abarth Simca 2000
    1962 Abarth 1000GT, 1964 Abarth 850TC Nurburgring

911E Registry

Been a while.

D'ya ever find out any more on the car? Might try a search on our site using your VIN.

You might also try this site . . .

http://www.911e.org/

. . . posting your VIN there.

The stuff that turns up . . .

Rick Kreiskott

We Can Be Heroes

Sadly, the last post by teescott was on 09-21-2009. Maybe an e-mail to him will re-awaken him.
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Well, it's been over a year since I spoke with Scott (teescott). I purchased his Burgundy 69E in October 2006 and its been a great car. I have also tried to locate the prior owner - Duane Ruckle with no luck. Just to let him know the car is still being enjoyed every chance I get. Duane was the original owner of the car purchased on July 25, 1969 from Pray Automotive Corp 212 West Putnam Ave Greenwich, Conn. Yeah, long time ago for sure . . . 41 years, but because of the attention by Duane and Scott the car is living up to its reputation. Sure me too, I've been giving this car lots of loving too. Even took it for a spin this evening though my favorite road . . . no better way to end a day.
    Tom Ching
    69E Burgundy

Let's see current pics!
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa

Olde Threade Alerte . . .

Quote Originally Posted by 72targa View Post
    . . . Let's see current pics! . . .
    What Peter said . . .

. . . and any more details --- regarding the history?

We Can Be Heroes

It appears that Duane Ruckle (now 75) has retired to AZ. Info not public so you may need to pay for his phone number...
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa