Hi All,

Glad to find this forum. I've loved 911s since I knew what a car was, and had been looking for a '87-'89 911. I always had a soft spot for the '69-73 911, especially the E and S models, but had been told to stay away and buy the more reliable newer model.

Alas, my heart won out over my head when I found my '71 E Targa in Escondido, CA. It was originally greenish yellow (Chartreuse), but now is white after a photographed, down to the metal paint job back in 1985. The paint still shines.

The car was cared for by its previous owners. He just had the Targa top refurbished, and the interior is original and like new. Everything checked out at the mechanic (leakdown, rust, etc)

Questions:

1. How do I order the "Cardex" to find out how my car was equipped from the factory? My option code sticker is missing.

2. My tach needle bounces when the engine decellerates, but is fine on accel. What could cause this?

3. What type of Webers were usually retrofitted to these cars? Mine has two Webers, but originally had MFI, which I have complete in boxes. If all parts are there, is it hard to restore the MFI?

Thanks for any help you can give, and I hope to be an active participant.

Jay Karolyi
karolyi74@yahoo.com