Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: RS in Japan on ebay

RS in Japan on ebay

Anybody seen it? Read the description....should start a jolly thread. Someone please post the link (I'm computer-stupid).

And remember: NO DEAD BIDDERS!!

Jack
    1972 911S- viper green
    1970 914/6- tangerine
    1967 Ferrari 330GTC- oro chiaro

Dicey

Bahia Red '72 911S
    Meerblau PTS 2019 Speedster
    GP Silver, 2018 GT2RS WP....the BEAST
    Daytona Gray 2021 RS6 Avant....BEAST #2...Best daily EVER

ES #333

GONE...MANY, many great ones....

dicey?

C'mon, Stacy. Where's your spirit of adventure? (Love the picture of the Conex box.)

Jack
    1972 911S- viper green
    1970 914/6- tangerine
    1967 Ferrari 330GTC- oro chiaro

Bright side...

well Jack, on the bright side, I guess it IS a matching numbers, first series car...But all that stuff about the VIN plate and the accident...boy, I'd sure be careful....
    Bahia Red '72 911S

ES #333

How about those front tub numbers? It looks to me a front clip from another car was used as the old serial number is Xed out and the RS number crudely stamped in. The seller says repaired from new parts but a number would not be stamped in, at least how it is shown. I suppose the other number could be an exchange chassis number. I bet she was cut from the dash/cowl foward. Pictures of the bottom would be good to see where the splice was made.

Best,

Don

If this one sells at or above the reserve of $68,000 then the bubble economy is alive and well.
    Dick Moran

more....

I think the choice of pictures is absolutely awful, and adds to the 'mystery' of this ad. I mean, why take a picture of the shipping CRATE? Why a close-up of the front grills, showing that the ''thru-the-grill-fogs' are MISSING, since the grills have the HOLES for them?

From a selfish point of view, I know that I, (and some others I know....) would LOVE to see it sell for the reserve and more...

Well, at least the price includes shipping....
    Bahia Red '72 911S

ES #333

I knew this one would generate some discussion, especially the restamped VIN area. It is curious that the 7 digit # is crossed out in the upper part of the rectangular flat area and the restamped VIN in in the proper location although much smaller numbers than usual. The crossed out number is 7 digits, the same as a production number so I wonder if the factory had numbered replacement parts for just such a repair. Wouldn't the forward VIN tag have to moved over to the new replacement front end also?

I asked the seller if he has any documentation to support this. He does not, but he did send more high quality photos of the car like are shown on eBay. Here's a sample.

Look at the speedo. Heres a better shot.

Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

Here are more.

And a shot of the motor #

Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

Well I do not see any undercoating on the frame rail in the engine bay. That is a good sign. Patched suspension pan. plush carpet, no speaker grill in the dash, pink engine shroud, later speedo ( have that on my green car, Period update?) and... It is a rat but could be a cool car. Needs it all though. Who is buying? Where is Frank G. ? !.

Best,

Don