Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Memberships...

Unhappy Memberships...

Hey guys,

We had our monthly Early 911S Registry board meeting today and again one thing was painfully obvious to us... The difference between the numbers of members in the CLUB vs. the numbers of registered members to this MESSAGE BOARD !!!

Our Data Base Advisor Fred Trueman tallies the club members every month, and today's total was approximately 450. Looking at the header at the top of this message board I read a total of 772...

Help me out here guys... tell us what we need to do to get you to join the club that makes this web site, message board, and news letter possible?

Honestly put... With all of your help... WE have become the defacto information center for virtually all things Early 911 related nationally and internationally... Also, with our almost equal membership, we have gladly become the information center for most issues and events R-Gruppe related as well.

In short lads, we have become the General, Technical, and Classified information STANDARD for Early 911's

Yeah, yeah, I know your sayin there's that old jerk Chuck grindin on us again...

But really guys, this whole deal runs on the memberships and boutique sales... that's it... that's all...

The board spends their time every month to keep this thing afloat... we need your help and support...

Please... If you contribute to this message board... and God knows we have some of the most knowledgeable people in Porschemania contributing... Please fill out an application and please JOIN THE CLUB...

Thanks and Cheers... 'More adventures to come'
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

One idea: set up a paypal account, so we can join online.

Thanks for the suggestion Jack...

We did kick it around before... I'll try again

It's kind-of-a 'Old dogs - New tricks' kind-of-a deal ... and I'm no exception...

So far U.S. Cash, U.S. Funded Checks, and Master/Visa is as far as we get... not so bad really

Thanks again, will bring it up at the next meeting...
    Chuck Miller
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Thumbs up Thank You Chuck....

For posting this.......

Sorry I missed the meeting today....work called...and it was a crappy day......

Anyway...... You are absolutely right. This place is in reality the center of the Early 911 cyber-universe, and as you said it is even the place where the RGruppe guys hang their hats as well....

Remember - you do not need to own an early 911S to join!!!!...... sure it helps, but as everyone knows, I certianly don't......and I am a pretty active member and very proud of it...just look on my driving suit, you'll see the patch!!!!

If you have an early 911 and the fire and passion for early 911's that accompany's the ownership experience you really do need to join the club. Like most everyone in the Registry, I've made alot of friends that I expect to keep for life....dare I say it, but there is a bond amongst us.....

Join us, You'll be more than welcome and I guarantee you'll feel it!!!

Thanks again Chuck !!!!
    Johnny Riz
    73E euro 3.2 w. a few goodies
    Rgrp 152
    S Reg 335

One would hope that the R Gruppe gang would all be contirubtors to this site, since it is the de facto board for all activites. In the same way, anyone who accesses this site (lurkers included) more than 5 times in a month (or pick your arbitrary low number) should also be stepping-up just like the people who listen to NPR or watch PBS. The information I have picked up here in just a few months more than paid for my Early S membership many times over - and also cost me far far more in my current hot rodding campaign! You gotta support the ones that support you. End of soap box and back to your regularaly scheduled programming already in progress.

Nuff said
    71 914 3.0, 82 SC, ESR 376, RG 307

"The problem with the world is, the ignorant are cock-sure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertram Russell

Sorry I missed the meeting. You are right, this is the BEST resource for ealr 911 information and we should all contribute.
    Nick Moss - Early 911S #476 - RGruppe #318 - early911.co.uk

Of course, I'm a Registry member and my renewal date is easy to remember, the German Auto Fest.

But what I want to say is, a Paypal account seems to me to be easier to set up than M/C,Visa. How can I help?

Milt,

Perhaps you can give our Membership Advisor Mike Hammond a call @310-322-7701 and see if you can 'gently' suggest how to set one up. Remember there might be resistance with the 'old dogs-new tricks' deal

Thanks and cheers,
    Chuck Miller
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Rick you said you were done.....

Not quite -

There may be a misconception that only owners of 'S' models can be members. Not true - false - wrong - absurd - incorrect - ridiculous. As a matter of fact,

"You do not need to own an early 911S to join.

Since most of the information we publish pertains to all early 911 Porsches, we welcome owners of any early 911, including the 911T, 911E, 911L and the rare 911R, 911S/T and 911RS. In fact, you don't even need to own a Porsche to be part of our group. All you need is an appreciation for the car and a desire to communicate with like-minded individuals. If this sounds like something you might enjoy, please contact us, or use the membership form."

Besides, if you can afford the car, chances are pretty darned good you can afford the dues.

I will now clam up for real. Back to PayPal.... and more constructive things.
    71 914 3.0, 82 SC, ESR 376, RG 307

"The problem with the world is, the ignorant are cock-sure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertram Russell

if you get a paypal acccount then I'll happily join up
    1973 2.4S
    1993 964 C2
    987 Boxster Spyder

'hot66'
    www.ddk-online.com