Thread: New Cold Star Question

New Cold Start Question

I poked around a bit more at the Euro this morning and determined the following:

1) I was mistaken in that the wire attached to the cold start solenoid DOES in fact go back into the wiring harness. The two loose wires that I found are probably for the rear window wiper which is missing on my car.

2) I used a test light to confirm that the cold start solenoid is getting power when I crank the motor.

3) I also trickle charged the battery in the unlikely event I was not getting enough juice to start the car. This was not the case, nor did I think it would be since the car starts just fine when warm.

The car is still not starting very easily when cold. I could pull off a fuel line to see if it is getting any gas when I start the car. Not sure I want to do that however, as my mechanical skills are a bit more limited.

I'm all ears however, if anybody has any other ideas of why my car has suddenly gone from easy to start when cold to now requiring quite a bit of cranking.

Thanks to all.

Rob
    2015 McLaren 650S spider
    2001 Ferrari 550
    2010 Ariel Atom 3
    1979 Ferrari 308gtb

Paid-up Registry Member & proud of it!!

B-b-buy Bushwood?!?!
    I just went through the same problem. My engine stopped starting from cold. But after a jump start, the engine would instantly turn over for the rest of the day. Otto cured my car of the problem. Something to do with fixing the cold start intake, the fuel injection, plus I replaced both batteries. Sorry I can't be more help but I don't pretend to be any kind of mechanic.
    Sandy Isaac
    '69 911E

Similar Threads

1. Early Six cold-start enrichment question
    By MountainRoads in forum Technical Info
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-31-2011, 07:35 AM
  2. 1971 S cold start soleniod question
    By Gearbox in forum Technical Info
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-07-2006, 06:17 PM
  3. MFI Cold Start Question
    By jayzoll in forum Technical Info
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-25-2005, 07:09 AM
  4. WEBER cold start question
    By ThomasWilkinson in forum Technical Info
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-03-2004, 11:18 AM
  5. Cold Start Wiring Question - Need Help!
    By wolfturbo in forum Technical Info
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-22-2004, 06:06 PM