Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The long wait is over..

Chris,

Thanks Man

Yeah early Zs are on the rise. I had a 71 and a 77. With the weight difference the 240 carbed had a better low end response but the 280 EFI eventually kicked it's butt. I loved both the cars I had. I'd still buy the right 71 in a heartbeat. Funny, I went from one notorious ruster to another.

I think I will be much happier with my current choice though.

If I don't get sent out into the field for a couple of months I might have it running by June. I'm sure sitting as long as it has it will need a fair bit of upfront work before I even attempt to turn it over. Fun work if you can get it full time.

Cheers..
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

seems like a lot of us started out with a z-car. mine was/is a bronze 280zx turbo. it nevers seems to run quite right though. and no ac or heater. i still have it but don't drive it too much cause of the porsche project tacking it's half of the drive way. probly going to sell it when the porsche is done, so if anyone knows anyone interested...oh wrong thread for that.
    68' 911
    81' 280zx turbo (for sale)$4500 obo
    96' Honda Prelude
    03' Nissan Altima

tan interior ( more z stuff)

I was planning to dump the tan interior. I already tried ebaying the door panels but got no bidders. I have rs door panels as I'm going the light weight path on this and like the clean look.

you're welcome to check the car out and see if you want any of the interior stuff. I'll also be replacing the seats. everything is in pretty good condition. it will be up at Tim Benson's Fastlane Porsche repair all day Friday and probably some of next week also (engine swap). he's on soquel behind the mercedes center near 17th ave.

I started out on Z cars. had several 280z and a really nice 260z but never had a 240z. the values are rising so it's a good time to get one cheap and still get something special. some car collector mag wrote it up as a good car to start collecting. gave an example that if you'd bought a mint one over a yr ago and just maintained it it would be worth $1k more today. god knows I've made investments that did worse and had no fun factor.

I do know of a guy in novato who's got two and a bunch of parts. think he'd jump at $1.5k for both cars... anybody want to go halves? :-)

Congrats on the new car! You will love it. And thanks for helping bump the value of black 70 "S"s
    Renn-Spot - Cars & parts For Sale - http://renn-spot.blogspot.com/
    1970 911"S" - Black (originally silver)
    1974 911"S" - Silver
    1973 911"T" - Bahia Red - Now Sold
    10 sec 67 VW
    Early "S" Registry #439

My Pleasure Der Panzer

True thanks would be sourcing me a sweet set of AMR mags like you have. Installed them yet?

I promise if you do I'll repaint her Silver so others won't get confused.

By the way, I grew up in Eastern Illinois. Corn and Beans my friend. MMMMMMM Sweet Cornnnnn. I'm Hungry!
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586