OK, guys. Not the drive home I was hoping for. I picked up my car after it had been driven and inspected for a PPI, and drove 30 miles home. Well, almost home. I stopped a few miles from home to fill it up with gas when:

White smoke started pouring out of the engine bay. To make a long story short, the car is now in my driveway. Here is what I'm observing:

1 - when the engine is cold, it starts up an purrrrs.
2- after driving it and warming it up, the airbox literally fills up with oil, being sucked in from the oil vapor line (upper line in pic). It drains down the bottom condensation hose to the heat exchangers, explaining the smoke. This is not just a small amount of oil. It literally fills up my air cleaner housing about 1 inch deep in the back lower corner (through the hold at the back, lower right - see second pic). Its sucking enough oil into the intake to make the engine pop and backfire and eventually die. Then I drain the oil, let is cool, check the oil levels (looks fine???, pressure a little low, but now I"m not trusting the sender), then it starts fine.

So, I'm thinking something is blocking the lower oil feed (lower hose in Pic), or in the filter to create enough of a vacuum to pull ~1/4 quart of oil into the airbox. Any ideas? This engine has 30 miles (break in) on a total rebuild, along with a 12 month restoration (that's another story). Anyone have any ideas?