Thread: Motor Fuel Injection decal

Motor Fuel Injection decal

Here is one for all of you to help with.
    Where can one find the gold sticker that sits on the fan shroud that describes the size of the motor, the ignition timing, and the idle mixture in German and English. I found that these are not available from the normal parts people and I have been told that the Porsche factory wants proof that you own the car and motor before they will sell you a replacement. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Max
    Attached Images Attached Images  

What year is your car? I would recommend trying both Parts Obsolete and Otto's. They seem to have drawers of these from various years. For my 70E I bought a replacement and spare for future rebuild contingencies for 25 bucks. good luck.
    Chris
    70 911E
    FA-18C
    R Gruppe #295

it's a 72 RS clone race car with an 2.7 rs MFI motor

By the way the picture is not my motor. It's a 911E picture out of a book.

Buy it from any dealer. I got one from Gary Emory. One thing to note is that the new ones are a different shade of gold.

Tom
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Try this link

Pelican decals
    71 914 3.0, 82 SC, ESR 376, RG 307

"The problem with the world is, the ignorant are cock-sure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertram Russell

Note the color of the decals in the photos. This is what is produced currently. The originals are far brighter (more yellow) but this is all you can get unless someone decides to take on what I imagine is a low return project.

Tom
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Tweeks has all the decals in the engine box
    '71 911S Targa

Not the one I'm taking about. I called. Wish it were that easy.