Thread: Aluminum panel pics?

Aluminum panel pics?

Anyone have pics of the interior of the aluminum license panel as used on the 70S? Trying to find out if the one I'm looking at is OEM or aftermarket...

Thanks,
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

are talking about...

this panel?

Shawn.
    67 coupe roller
    99 M96 2.5 litre
    early911s reg 447
    R Gruppe 399

That's the one! I remembered seeing the thread but, didn't think to search for it.. It was late, researching a certain 71.

I knew it was B2BF as the seller. I asked him specifically if it was Porsche NOS and asked for the part number in an email. He told me straight up that he bought it from Porsche but didn't give me the number. . That's why I asked the ? here cause I KNEW I'd get the straight skinny.

Thanks!
    Michael

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

You really cannot tell the nos from the repop as they did their homework on the strengthing bends etc. They are slightly thicker but ONLY slightly.

Tom
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

I read on Pelican that the factory unit will be in black primer, the repop is shiny aluminum. I have a repop in my garage right now, belongs to Evren. His cost was $90, so hope you didn't get burned. It looked good to me...
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

I went back to look at the Ebay auction and had to laugh

He "just got the part in an estate auction" but, the picture he used is the exact same ones as the Oct 02 thread. Must have broken the time barrier

Not to say that it's not a decent part or indestiguishable from OEM after painted and installed but, to say NOS bought from Porsche?
    Michael

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586