Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: the ESSES Vol.14, No.1

Thumbs up the ESSES Vol.14, No.1

Hopefully all of you members have received your newest Early 911S Registry news letter the ESSES Vol. 14, No. 1.

This Volume is the first by our new editors Doug Warneke and Barry Anklam of DMG Marketing... and we think it's a great effort and know it' will just get better and better.

And...

Thanks to Sherwood Lee and Fred Trueman this Volume also includes your new full color MEMBERSHIP CARD, with your own membership number and renewal date.

Also...

There's great articles on MFI fuel pressure, pictures and text of a '72-'73 factory production line tour, physiology of goin fast, our event at Pristine Motors, and Dunkels Bros., Mike Hammonds return to Daytona race team, and the first of a three part article on science of 'How Rubber Generates Grip'.

So...

If you did not receive this great edition of the ESSES you are not a member of the club and absolutely should be!!!... With your $25.00 (domestic) annual dues you'll get 4 editions of the ESSES ... plus at the end of the year you'll receive the club's ROSTER (the real tool of the club) with all the cars in the club sequentially by Year and Serial No., and any other info. the owner wants to give - including owner's contact info... (remember if you're in the club and have an early 911, or anything, and post your info - it will be in the roster) Can't tell you how many times I connected with people across the country, let alone how many cars I looked up through our roster ... it's just a hell-of-a great tool.

There ya go lads... enjoy your new volume of the ESSES... and if ya don't have it JOIN THE CLUB and get it... and help make all this happen...

Cheers, and thanks for the support
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

This issue hasn't made it to my door yet...and I'm sure my dues are current....the notice to pay should be in the March issue for me... C'mon guys, my "esses" collection goes back to the prototype issue...by Betsi & Verne...when were these mailed? Vol. 13, #4 was the last one I've seen...(edit) JUst went thru my check stubs...I last paid dues on 3-20-03...so the notice should be stamped on the newsletter I haven't seen yet...
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

Hey Paul,

Talk to Fred Trueman and see whats-what buddy...

Fred Trueman fctruem@aol.com

Database Administrator
    714-896-1522 (W) PST
    714-896-5034 (fax)
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

admin_old
    Another purpose of the member cards is keep a constant, ever vigilant reminder in your wallet when the the dues are due. We hope you get your Esses soon. Our mail carrier's gotta be better than the guy delivering Excellence.

Sherwood

PM of Wednesday the 10th... newsletter not here yet. Maybe it was sent out with EXCELLENCE? I've emailed Fred...I'm sure something will happen, and it very well could be simply a USPS screw-up...
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

I'm in Canada and I received mine on the 9th (we're usually the last to get them).
    Great issue - good work!! (And I love the membership card.)

Nice Read!

Good solid articles and vey entertaining. Really enjoyed the piece on the early factory. I could almost visualize my car being pushed on the dollys from station to station. Ross' article was informative and well written. I have used his technique for improving my tennis serve, but now will have to apply to AX. Looking forward to Pietro's race reports.
    Nice work!
    71 914 3.0, 82 SC, ESR 376, RG 307

"The problem with the world is, the ignorant are cock-sure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertram Russell

Love the new issue. Vast improvement.

Thanks
    Bobby
    71' Olive 2.2E Targa / Early S #491

I've always considered the glass to be half full...that is until I reached middle age and realized that it is actually half empty.

Whoops...the 12th. Mail has come & gone. No newsletter in the box. If somebody guarantees delivery of the issue, I'll send the check pronto. Still 25 bucks?

Where is the Snail Mail??

OK, I am a registered member, today is Saturday the 13th, but I only hear about the ESSES from reading these posts.

Come on guys, Chicago isn't in the boone docks, we do get mail here on a regular basis. So, where is mine??

larry
    Early 911S Registry Member #537

73 - Viper Green 911E Targa - Kermit - Gone but not forgotten

Kermit's Short Story and Pix on the 911E Website

06 - Lexus IS250 MT6
    98 - Volvo 70V XC