Thread: Recaro sport seat (early) height measurement...

Recaro sport seat (early) height measurement...

Could I please get three measurements from somebody with a sport seat conveniently available? I need the height from the un-mounted seat (no sliders) to the top of the headrest (withe the seat base flat). This is not the measurement of the diagonal length of the seat back, but a vertical measurement with the seat on a level surface...vertically to the horizontal line extending from the top of the headrest. Second request would be another rough measurement from the seat bucket (where your butt sits) vertically to the same line. And last request would be the width of the base...where it sits in between the tunnel and side rail mounts.

In the interest of "fair disclosure", I am not building a competitor to the current sport seat repros. Years ago I stumbled onto the Recaro E 30 BMW sport seats...probably made in the same plant, but a few years later than the Porsche sport seats. These are very adjustable, and basically have their own integral sliders and tilts. When I have them recovered (perf/basketweave) I have the bolsters "botoxed" and the headrest shortened. For me they are the most comfortable seat I have ever sat in...and they look very similar to the early sport seats.

I just sold my targa which had a beautiful pair done in black vinyl, and I miss the seats. I have another pair to modify and this time...because the E 30 seats are an inch taller than the Porsche Recaros, I want to lower the absolute seat height. I can do this by either narrowing the base (allowing it to sit lower in the rails), and or shortening the seat.

Thanks in advance...and for those interested in the changes and the end product, send me a PM and I will provide updates.

Below show the before and after...
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    registry# 1283

Bump for some measurements please... : )
    registry# 1283