Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OEM Dash Pads

Clyde,

Congrats, very nice first series RS and with a sun roof no less. You must tell us the story of your car. Be sure to put your car in the RS registry too.

It is a good thing my car is in storage so I can't run out and check the speaker grill. If its wrong I don't want to have to track down another one. It was bad enough finding an alloy Ducktail.
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

I'll get me coat. Nice Car !

Mike
    To ask is to seek denial

Clyde

You lucky guy. Does Jeff Smith live in Charlotte NC?
    Nick Moss - Early 911S #476 - RGruppe #318 - early911.co.uk

Originally posted by BOYER73S
    Paul,

Yes I see what you mean. I was talking about the outline of the outside set of holes in other words the same as the picture you have included.

Some dashes were made in the late 90's by Porsche Classic I think and the outline went diagonally across the corners. I have attempted to attach a picture not sure if it will work or not.

FA-18C..... I willl attempt to locate a good one and let you know. My email is cboyer@bigpond.net and yes I would be interested in a trade deal indeed.

Mike I hope this ends the confusion as if you have the same speaker cover as in my attached picture then I think you have a later speaker cover
    Thanks for posting the pic...I'd never seen this pattern. In a way, it makes more engineering sense than the original...not that I hold any engineering degrees...
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

Sorry for the confusion - I have had a new dash fitted in the last year. I thought that I had the 'diagonal dash' removed and a 'square dash' in its place. But it was the other way round. Damn. Now I know its not original I might as well have gone for the speaker perforations in the dash at a cost saving of 60%

Mike
    To ask is to seek denial

Sorry to disappoint you Mike better swap then over again.

I am trying to trace the full history of the car but I understand it goes something like this. Not as good a story as George K however.

Original, #101, German car, sunroof, air con, rear fog light Touring, light yellow colour, no script, sold into Japan in 1975.

Japanese car import documents confirm this.

Bought in pieces, see attached photos, and shipped to the US where it was reassembled and rebuilt by Factory Werks in Huntington Beach (any comments appreciated here). Possible one owner car for the time in Japan, to be confirmed.

Robert Gross advised car was for sale at Ventura last year and I bought it sight unseen after getting some feedback on the originality and condition.

As yet I have never seen the car and it is currently on the water between Sinagpore and Australia having left the US on Feb 27th.

It appears to have most if not all the lightweight panels intact but a big hole in the front where air con was removed. It is apparently rust free, has the gear box pump intact and working according to Factory Werks it has the wrong wheels but I have found some correct 6 and 7 Fuchs and Brian where can I find an original Aluminium Ducktail as it needs one.

I has been described to me as one of the most original, best condition RS cars available that would make an excellent restoration with not too much effort (don't worry I know whats its like as I have done it before on a 73 2.4E, 73 2.4S Coupe and currently a 73 2.4S Targa).

In any event its mine now and in the next week I will get to find out if the high praise has been justified.

Brian, where do you want me to register it?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Another view

The car has a special metal 85 litre tank with the space saver offset to the left as you look at it. I have been told that with factory fitted air con and the 85 litre tabnk this is how it was done. Anyone else have some information to confirm or deny this.

Clyde
    73 2.4S Targa
    RS #101

Clyde,

That is something you don't see often, an RS engine in pieces. Thanks for sharing the interesting story of your car. I'm sure you can't wait to lay your hands on it.

The registry is a site that our fellow Early S reg. member Don (Rennman) has put together. The address is Carrera RS Registry It may not be quite be ready of use yet, but I think Don will let us know when it is.

I was afraid you would say it was missing the alloy tail. That is a very commonly missing part. I have a few ideas for you and will send a seperate email.
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

Clyde,

I have a couple of questions.

Are those stock reinforcements at the front of the trunk? I am not an RS expert.

If the car had factory AC, shouldn't there be a blower in place of the water bottle? That's how it is in my S.

Cool car.
    Neil
    '73 911S targa