Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: nice '73 911E on ebay

Larry,
    Almost anything can be done for a price. Not everything.
    Of course the carbs are obvious. I posted the pic's. I'm not attempting to hide anything as you would suggest. If you were there to sell me the S MFI when I needed it, I probably would've bought it from you. Besides I prefer carb's and they are easily swapped out for the MFI if the new owner prefers it.
    Anyone who wants to see pic's of the restoration, the floor pan, the battery box or receipts for the work, feel free to email I would be glad to reply. This is no shiny coat of paint. It's the real deal. Come on down to Florida and bring your magnets.

Originally posted by gruen911
    It's the real deal. Come on down to Florida and bring your magnets.
    That's the right attitude for a seller I didn't mean anything personal by my comments. With the dozens of anonymous ebay cars that pop up it's easy to be a bit apprehensive. Good luck in your sale, it's a great looking car.

Re: My 1973 911E

No comment. Document it, prove it, make me believe it. Until then I'll stick to my guns. FL is the rust capital of the world second only to Michigan and the North East.

Tom

PS: Roughly 50% of Porsches early production went to CA so where should we be looking? Think about it.
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

For the record, I have plenty of pic's and receipts confirming the work done, and it will be made available to those persons actually interested in purchasing my car.
    As for brother Sithot, I have also read that Porsche delivered over 50% of the early Porsches to California - those were 356's.
    And unless all early 911 Porsches have been imprisoned in CA for the last 30 years, wouldn't you think that its possible that a few nice ones escaped...
    Instead of playing the doubting Thomas - Thomas, you might be a bit more supportive of your fellow members of this board, whether they are buying or selling their early 911.
    Believe it or not, there are nice rust free cars in Florida. There are a lot of older people with a lot of money down here, who even have garages. What would preclude a few of them from flying into CA under radar, buying an early 911 from Zuffenhausen West, and highjacking it out of CA?

An Idiots opinion.

I tend to believe you Gruen...if I were serious about yor car I would have to do my due dilgence anyway...and check out your proofs, as well as an inspection of my own. I think that you'll have to deduct the cost of replacing the MFI from your opening bid price, and you'll have a sale.
    Master of the Buffet

Voice of Reasoned Conservatism

Price Dropped

For interested parties, I have decided to drop my bottom line auction price to $22,500. The $2,500 discount should allow anyone who buys the car to do what they want with the induction system. That's my bottom line guys, so don't even think about sending me a PM with a lowball offer. I'll keep it and drive the **** out of it, and then sell it for $14k in 5 years along with the rest of the crappy 911T's with aftermarket wheels coming out of the west coast.
    As for the MFI, the car runs great with Webers. Many early 911 enthusiasts and performance rebuilds use Webers. MFI is nice when it is running right, and it sucks when it isn't. Webers are a few screw turns and a gasket set away from being cleaned or adjusted. That's why many people back in the day threw out their MFI and went to Webers. And you don't have to hand Gus at Pacific a month's salary for him to rebuild your pump...

Don' get upset Gruen...I believe you have a quality item...and it can be fustrating to have a quality item and not be able to get your money outa it....
    Master of the Buffet

While on the subject of pricing, I am just prepping my '69S to be posted for sale, at about $12,000 MORE than Bruce Anderson tells me it's worth in the latest Excellence! Does this guy ever read actual ads? (By the way, if anyone is selling their cars at his guide prices, let me know - I'll buy 'em ALL!

Bruce A'ss Price Guide has bin discussed to death on this Board many many times...the conclusion is always the same...he's out to lunch on the issue.
    Master of the Buffet

I have seen the big BA at several events. He seems approachable however I have never had anything to say to him. Has anyone on this board spoken with him about the way he values an early 911?

73S Sporto (asking 45K)
    R Gruppe #259