Thread: 911 hood latch

911 hood latch

I was having trouble with my hood poping open at about 40mph. Tried adjusting the latch but still no dice. So I decided it was time to replace the thing with a new one. Installed the new upper latch.Closed the hood.Now the thing wont open whe I pull the relese. How can I get it open again?

Thanks

Check out this thread hood latch
    71 914 3.0, 82 SC, ESR 376, RG 307

"The problem with the world is, the ignorant are cock-sure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertram Russell

Thanks. Those ideas worked great!

Michael
    1958 356A Convertible
    1971 911T
    Michael Craven
    1958 356A Convertible
    1971 911T
    2002 VW Beetle

Which one did the trick?
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

hood latch

I applied pressure to the hood (just below the crest) while someone else pulled on the cable relese. Now I just need to adjust the latch so this wont happen again.

Similar Threads

1. FS: Hood Latch Receiver, Deck Lid Latch and Receiver Fresh!
    By 76911S in forum For Sale: 911 Parts
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-01-2013, 01:32 PM
  2. FS: 69-73 hood latch
    By Shaun 69 E in forum For Sale: 911 Parts
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-19-2012, 06:10 AM
  3. WTB: Hood latch and Reciever for a Long Hood.
    By C.Plavan in forum For Sale: 911 Parts
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-04-2012, 03:56 PM
  4. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-05-2012, 12:44 PM
  5. How to clean hood latch
    By BlackC4 in forum General Info
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-27-2011, 02:54 PM