Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PCA membership

PCA membership

Just become a member of the Registry and was wondering how many members are there?
    And how many of us are PCA members?

Interesting question...

At this month's meeting the count was about 450 paid, and now, card carrying Early 911 S Registry members...

When you read the number of registered message board members at 863 you understand what I've been grinding on you all about...

As far as the members PCA affiliation I can only guess... however I would assume the number pretty high...

I'm a 15 year PCA member, and I believe most of the board of this club are PCA members as well...

I believe the PCA national census is over 55,000 ...

Cheers
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Originally posted by Chuck Miller
    ......and I believe most of the board of this club are PCA members as well...
    Chuck, I'd be surprised if any of the board were not PCA members
    Johnny Riz
    73E euro 3.2 w. a few goodies
    Rgrp 152
    S Reg 335

Yeah, I'm a PCA member...joined in 1967. But today I often wonder why I send the dues check each year...for Pano? Maybe so...
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

I'm not a PCA member. Never have been. I have owned Porsches since 1972. I entered a PCA "wash and shine" deal sometime around 1983 as a guest and it was a little too clicquey for me.

The DE and AutoX events are a bargain. Plus you get far more runs in AX than with SCCA. Some of the tech clinics are interesting. I avoid the wash and shine and concours because of the clickiness.
    71 914 3.0, 82 SC, ESR 376, RG 307

"The problem with the world is, the ignorant are cock-sure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertram Russell

Originally posted by Zeke
    I'm not a PCA member. Never have been. I have owned Porsches since 1972. I entered a PCA "wash and shine" deal sometime around 1983 as a guest and it was a little too clicquey for me.
    I've been a PCA member for years. We attended a brunch here in VT several years ago and found the ascot wearing social status posturing thing a bit much. Hell, this is Vermont, where formal dress is clean blue jeans and combed hair fercrissakes! I still send the dues in tho'. (shrug)

I find the smaller groups a lot more genuine! (Rick C., if I ever show up in an ascot, please put me out of my misery)

Zitronengelb R1012 the RatBasterd
    RGruppe #183

Jens..."ascot wearing social posturing" HOOT! That describes it. There wasn't much of this happening in PCA back in the 70's, when a dedicated working stiff could afford a new Porsche. But today? Well...as the prices of the cars escalated, these types moved in, took over PCA. I've written before about Cindy & being snubbed at the last PCA event we attended...I guess their ascots
    must have blocked their view...they couldn't see the 35 year member sticker on my window.
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

The last PCA breakfast/fun run I went on came with a caution from the organizer to the others to: "Just let the guy in the old blue car buy"

… I guess the rep followed me from the previous 2 breakfast runs…
    But boy their cars sure were shinny

They kind-a got me back when we sat down to a $55.00 brunch

... and so it goes
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

I'm not anti-PCA at all though. Not really. There are lots of neat programs to participate in. For example, the Russian PCA has quite varied interests. Take a particularly close look at the custom leather interior on the Signal Orange car. Outstanding craftsmanship.

http://www.porscheclub.ru/projects/p...final&rnd=0,70

Zitronengelb R1012 the RatBasterd
    RGruppe #183