Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PCA membership

Originally posted by Jens
    Take a particularly close look at the custom leather interior on the Signal Orange car. Outstanding craftsmanship.
    Jens: I have to agree, the seats of that Signal Orange car really look fantastic. The uuuhhhh craftsmanship certainly wasn't done by Porsche!!!

But I do recognize the material. We have lots of that in the good ole USA, but it usually is covered. (heh heh)

larry
    Early 911S Registry Member #537

73 - Viper Green 911E Targa - Kermit - Gone but not forgotten

Kermit's Short Story and Pix on the 911E Website

06 - Lexus IS250 MT6
    98 - Volvo 70V XC

I know where I'm getting my car painted!!!
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

Wink Not Factory...

No, the work doesn't pretend to be factory at all. But the stitching and the quality of the details is remarkable. I don't quite get what they were going with in the trunk, golfing? Look at the leather hood lining! Yowza!

If we could get the mechanics to step aside, we could see the car better... !!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Zitronengelb R1012 the RatBasterd
    RGruppe #183

I gotta get me an ascot -- I need a new head wrap.

But I don't find the Oregon PCA people bad at all - tho I expect them to act nice (or move back to wherever they came from)....
    There is clearly a big monetary distinction between most old car people and most new car people tho.

Also, wasn't the 911 a super spendy car in the 70's? All the old mag articles talk about its high price. I was driving other brands back then, so don't remember anything about Porsches.

Does the PCA have a Message Board?
    Master of the Buffet

Voice of Reasoned Conservatism

Originally posted by RandyWebb
    Also, wasn't the 911 a super spendy car in the 70's? All the old mag articles talk about its high price. I was driving other brands back then, so don't remember anything about Porsches.
    Randy:
    If I remember reading correctly, a 70 something 911S went for about $9K. Considering that in 1970, I was making less than $7K, it was certainly out of my range. Had to wait till the dollar appreciated and the car didn't as much to get things to even out.

larry
    Early 911S Registry Member #537

73 - Viper Green 911E Targa - Kermit - Gone but not forgotten

Kermit's Short Story and Pix on the 911E Website

06 - Lexus IS250 MT6
    98 - Volvo 70V XC

Originally posted by tabs52
    Does the PCA have a Message Board?
    As the theme from "Jaws" plays in the background.........

Interesting point Randy. In those days the 911 was just plain out of financial reach for me. In the early '70s I had moved from Minis and MGs and Healys into the BMW 1800, 1600 and 2002 sport sedans and tweeking them.

Porsches were revered as barnstormer performers but very expensive. There was a new white/red RS that used to roar down the hill from Boxboro into West Acton Mass. I remember admiring this wonderful machine, but not really warming up to the exhaust note. I was more a fan of the classic British sounds.

Of course I have been reformed, there is nothing so sweet to my ear as the 6 cylinder boxer at full song!

Zitronengelb R1012 the RatBasterd
    RGruppe #183

NO opens hoods!

Paul told a good tale of attending a PCA gathering last fall. He said the new SUV of Porsche boys were bragging that they had never opened their hood and seen the engine!!
    This caused Paul to send me the infamous "Post Card" !!

The money isn't the factor for me...it's the attitude. I really didn't like the attitudes demonstrated on the "whinery tour" that Cindy thought would be fun. No problem, their message was delivered and received. I won't be back. It was the whole picture, which is hard to describe. Their wanting to show "class" produced the exact opposite effect. I just didn't need to get that attitude from those considering themselves weathy because they could sign a damned lease! Phoney people....I know and like people who could buy & sell these phoney folks 10 times over. But they don't have the attitude the phoney folks do...

By the way...GOD INVENTED ASPHALT SO YUPPIES COULD GO FOUR WHEELING! (bumper sticker seen here. I laughed my rear off)
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)