Thread: $315 for a prototipo wheel?

$315 for a prototipo wheel?

Can anyone shed some light on this for me? A used Momo Prototipo wheel with 911 adaptor and Porsche horn button just sold on ebay for $315.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEBBI%3AIT

I have found brand new protopito's w/ 911 adaptor kits selling for $250. Is a Porsche horn button worth more than $65? Is there anyplace to but a Porsche horn button for these?

Thanks

prototipo steering wheel...

prices are jumping around quite a bit. The Euro exchange rate is effecting the price of parts coming into the US.

The standard for price right now is pelican parts at $249.00. However, Wayne has made this interesting post .

I purchased an NOS porsche crest momo horn button and solid Jet wheel adaptor on ebay from RayburnWilliams...around $70 plus shipping. Ray sells often and is a great guy to deal with.

Shawn.

edit: your shipping charges may vary.
    67 coupe roller
    99 M96 2.5 litre
    early911s reg 447
    R Gruppe 399

joelrkaplan
    Ray is good for sure; I have seen ebay get TOP dollar on these......have even seen 375 in one retailers mag; and like previously mentioned, the exchange is driving prices up.....you just have to know where to go and what it is worth to you..I just sold same wheel/hub/P crest barely used for @290 last week.....

B-b-buy Bushwood?!?!
    Try Performance Products for the horn button. I bought one last April from them when I bought my Prototipo and Momo adaptor hub. (At that time, Performance had the Prototipo for $375 while Pelican was selling the same wheel for $199. I got Performance to match Pelican's price.)
    Sandy Isaac
    '69 911E

admin_old
    Have you seen what the early black plastic shift knobs are going for? Puts the latest carbon fiber and brushed aluminum knobs to shame.

Sherwood

Actually, I am looking for an early black plastic shift knob, but at Pelican Parts they are no longer available.

Sherwood it seems like you have seen them advertised. Could you please tell me where?

I am also interested in a leather original steering wheel for my 1969 911E, at the moment the car has a wooden steering wheel fitted. I wouldn't even know whether that was an option in 69. According to Peter Morgan it was. Does anyone know the value of a wooden wheel versus a leather one?

Thanks,
    Danny

admin_old
    I've seen a few on ebay. Here was one on our classified forum:

http://d240157.u39.zeonhost.com/foru...ght=shift+knob

Sherwood

B-b-buy Bushwood?!?!
    If the wooden wheel is original, that's definitely added value for your car. I think any original uncommon option adds value to an early 911.
    Sandy Isaac
    '69 911E

NOS 5 spd shift knob just sold on ebay:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33703
    considering repros were once available for $99 this was actually a good deal.
    _B
    Sent from a pay phone

888888 eL, Oph'eL'ia

Instagram: werk_crew
    www.werkcrew.com
    www.werkcrew.tumblr.com
    www.handofwinter.tumblr.com