Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ultra low mile Red RS ? ...

ultra low mile Red RS ? ...

Hey Frank G. and others...

What's the word on this one?

http://s91595436.onlinehome.us/sloancars/inventory.htm

http://s91595436.onlinehome.us/sloa...73_rs_large.jpg

I'm usually way behind the curve when I post this things... it seems that the 'real players' know about this things way before me ...
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

I saw this car on Rennlist back in Jan. 04. It was originally Rasberry (4545) and that color does not look like that to me, but the owner says it is. It originally had power windows and a sunroof. Both of those things were removed during the restoration in Louisiana of all places. The mileage is from the end of the restoration. Here is an excerpt of what the seller sent me in Jan.

"Yes the car is still for sale...
    This Carrera is # 1156 (touring version); if you look in the RS book, very few of this color were made (red).
    - own this car since 1997
    - car was originaly sold in Western Germany in 1972
    - sold to a U. S. collector in the 80's
    - fully restored by professionals in Louisiana with original componants in 1996 (this car has no sunroof, no radio, no power windows)
    - repainted with original color
    - match numbers engine and transmission"
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

Thanks Brian...

Your right, the pics do not show Rasberry

Cheers,
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

I believe that I recall that the price was lower back when it was lsted on Rennlist. Probably just adding the assumed selling costs and some negotiating room.

Interesting question about how much a car can be changed during restoration and still be "real".
    Dick Moran

The car is or was in Quebec so it must be 145K Canadian. Yeah that must be it....

Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

I too looked into this car. It was 100 US and looked like a really good buy. The missing sunroof is curious as is the RED paint. As prices climb it still seems like a buy at 100. Perhaps the dealer in Conn. is reselling?

Best,

Don

Don: If that one is a buy at $100K I can't wait for you to see the bona fide lightweight that's coming in under the radar. It's worth 2X++ this piece at a minimum. My guess is that it's going to take $225-$250 to dislodge it from the owner.
    For $100G, give me a GT3 and I'll have a smile that might never come off my face.
    Is there no clear documentation why the sunroof is missing? Best explanation is a "clip" job from a wreck or roll-over. Run, don't walk. I don't think I'd take the word of a Louisiana restoration shop either. New Orleans is still in LA last time I checked. Not a goodly number of honest folks in that outpost of Sodom and Gamorah.
    Pay for a good one without a story and pray that the "bubble" doesn't pop anytime soon. History has a strange way of repeating itself. It's happened to these cars once already. Speculation is a cars salemans dream come true and if Barrett Jackson didn't prove that in spades this past February I don't know what will.

"Man without seat in musical chairs loses."

Tom
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

RS OH MY

I SPOKE TO RICHARD SLOAN LAST WEEK,HE 'S ASKING $145;CHANGED COLOR ,REPLACEMENT BLOCK, SUNROOF AND ELEC WINDOWS ARE NO MORE;BOY DOES THIS CAR BOTHER ME. A RS TOURING WITH ELECTRIC SUNROOF AND WINDOWS WOULD BE VERY DESIRABLE;NO ONE WOULD RESTORE A CAR AND REMOVE THEM WOULD BE VERY EXPENSIVE.I FIRMLY BELIEVE THIS CAR HAD SOMETHING HAPPEN TO IT TO HAVE THE BLOCK REPLACED THE SUNROOF REMOVED(NEW ROOF)ELEC WINDOWS REMOVED.THERE'S MORE TO THIS STORY THAN MEETS THE EYE...PROCEED WITH CAUTION!!RESTORED IN LA,N.O.,BY WHOM WHERE IS DOC,I WAS OFFERED NONE;JUST A STORY CAR

And Tom when that Lightweight from the UK hits the shores here and lands at G&W we expect many good photos posted here. Please.

A replaced block! The owner said in his original email to me 'matching numbers'. That must be his idea for matching #s after the block is restamed with the correct #.
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

So I guess Sloan bought the car and is now reselling? Tom I just got back for a blast in my GT3 and it is a great car but I think if I had to choose one to keep I would pick my RS. Something magic......

Best,

Don

P.S. The RS Registry will have this car entered for future reference. While the site is up we are still working out some bugs and the photo upload feaure. Feel free to post your cars and
    e mail me pictures for the gallery Don@Porsport.com Thanks very much to those who are helping.