I continue to see supposedly "original" parts in Porsche boxes/wrappers of questionable quality - mainly exterior trim pieces.

Stoddard opened a Porsche marked box for me with a so-called original rear chrome bumper
guard with noticeable pitting and sanding scratches under the new chrome plating... this for $250.00 each? WTF??
It just didn't have the feel of what I would consider an original part.

Also saw an "original" new rear reflector plastic surround which was noticably sub-par to the one that came on the car.

So what exactly are these parts in the Porsche boxes? I can't believe they are truly original NOS, the quality just isn't there.
Are they better described as Porsche "re-issue" parts, made post '73 by a vendor who may not be as quality conscious as the factory was 30 years ago?

It seems like there are 3 levels of "new" parts for pre-1973 Porsches?

1 (BEST) - NOS, made during production run, by the factory, and hidden away for years.
2 (PASSABLE) - Original Porsche, re-issued and made sometime post '73 by a third-party vendor (usually in Germany). But, you better take a good look at it before plunking down the big bucks for the Porsche logo on the box!
3 (NOT ON MY CAR) - Repro, Usually junk from whomever, wherever (yes, there are exceptions).

Any thoughts on this??