Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Getting ready for Rennsport

Getting ready for Rennsport

Cant wait to start driving! Speant the weekend lubing the vent control cables, changing oil, sway bar drop link bushings, repainting the exhaust and eliminating squeeks and rattles in preperation for the big drive to Fla. Now all that is left to do is to give her a wash and wax and get an alignment done.

Any suggestions on what to put in my spare parts kit for a 15 hour road trip each direction?
    Renn-Spot - Cars & parts For Sale - http://renn-spot.blogspot.com/
    1970 911"S" - Black (originally silver)
    1974 911"S" - Silver
    1973 911"T" - Bahia Red - Now Sold
    10 sec 67 VW
    Early "S" Registry #439

Dave,
    Slightly off topic but couldn't resist. Logic would dictate that not only do we American Racing wheel owners have "exploding wheels syndrome" but all those Mahle gasburners out there are a big no no also. Enjoy Rennsport 2! I went to the Limerock Rennsport but will be sitting out this one :-(

Mark
    R Gruppe #247
    S Registry #351

Dave, I seem to remember pwd72 making up a good travel parts/tools list on the Pelican board a while back prepping for Evern's trip across the US. Maybe he can re-post here? The deadline for the trip is getting close, but my suspension re-do is almost done. Finished the rear end up this weekend - spring plates, shocks, e-brake fix, rotors, pads, caliper paint. Front should be done this week.
    Tom Morgan
    Charlotte, NC
    '18 Carrera T - R #368, S #692
    1973 Giulia Super 1.3

Tool kit? Cell phone and a credit card.

BTW: my navigator backed out today Oh well, looks like Cornpanzer will being hauling a 200lb.+ weight penalty against the Gray Wolf in the race ...... errrr, caravan ....... to Daytona!

I nominate you to carry all of the spares then!
    Dont underestimate the power of the lil ole 2.2 buddy. If nothing else, maybe my 2.2 with MFI will get better milage so that my pit stops will be quicker! Plus Im going to have the better aero package compare to teh nosebleed-wolf
    Renn-Spot - Cars & parts For Sale - http://renn-spot.blogspot.com/
    1970 911"S" - Black (originally silver)
    1974 911"S" - Silver
    1973 911"T" - Bahia Red - Now Sold
    10 sec 67 VW
    Early "S" Registry #439

Curt, don't forget that AAA card in the lightweight version of the toolkit.
    Tom Morgan
    Charlotte, NC
    '18 Carrera T - R #368, S #692
    1973 Giulia Super 1.3

Originally posted by CurtEgerer

BTW: my navigator backed out today Oh well, looks like Cornpanzer will being hauling a 200lb.+ weight penalty against the Gray Wolf in the race ...... errrr, caravan ....... to Daytona!
    Hmmm.... Curt, it's a long shot, but what day are you leaving for Daytona?
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

Leaving EARLY Weds. morning. Send me a PM.

Curt, have a good trip, see you Thur. night.
    Maybe I should have flown in to MBS instead of Orlando.

Jared Rundell - Registered User JCR's Avatar
    So what's the scoop on tickets. The site lists a $60.00 "superticket" but gives no details. I assume it's all general admission... "super" meaning for all 3 days? Can one attend all non-exclusive events with da zuppertiket?

My first time to Daytona, any tips on the best place to be to watch the action (yes, OTHER THAN being on the track).

Curt... I'll wave from 28,000ft Thursday afternoon.
    Jared
    '73 911S #0793
    '69 912_ #0602
    Early S #0454
    RGruppe #0391