Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How Many Decals?

Originally posted by Chuck Miller
    Thanks Tom...

Now, if you only add some contrast to the pic of your beautiful '73 engine, we can answer all of Larry's questions

Cheers,

Chuck:

I wish that was my beautiful '73 engine. That's the engine from the one owner RS that got imported through G&W a couple of weeks ago. It's on its way to the Rennsport II in Daytona.
    It's a nice car to say the least.

Here's a picture of my "beautiful" '73 engine. The license plate? Artistic license; those are not the real numbers but it is an antique tag which means no annual inspections. Which means that "Bubba don't get to ride around in it" whilst he does his "thing".

Best,

Tom
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Tom, Chuck, et al:

Don't know why you put "beautiful" in quotes. Your engine looks GREAT. Hope mine looks as good when I'm done.

Thanks for the info. Questions answered. I talked to Mike McGrath yesterday and he said that he didn't have the decals yet, but he didn't see an issue with it. I know that Pelican has them available, and I guess that if they don't have the complete set, then we will have to do some more searching.

Interesting thought though, I asked Mike how the stickers looked on the air cleaner and the fan shroud. He said that they looked good, but not new, and that they would look "funny" if they were new, since the car is 30 years old, and it isn't a concours job. Well, the stickers on the lock plate will be new . . . . .

I guess I will have to wait till I see it after delivery. I can always try to find a new one if I think that these look ratty. But with a highly detailed engine, what's wrong with all new stickers?

larry
    Early 911S Registry Member #537

73 - Viper Green 911E Targa - Kermit - Gone but not forgotten

Kermit's Short Story and Pix on the 911E Website

06 - Lexus IS250 MT6
    98 - Volvo 70V XC

I'd do what I could to save my original if possible. The "new decals" for the engine size/timing etc. (on the fan) are more gold than yellow. The lock post items are still mostly yellow but you do see variations which amount to newer stock and are gold in color.
    I know of a stash of many of these decals especially for 2.2 motors. The other ones are there as well but I'm not certain what's available. There are no 2.4 decals because I scrounged that box a long time ago!
    Lastly; The same stash must have nearly 50 original 914/6 engine size/timing decals.

Keep on pushing to get the car finished.

Best,

Tom
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Speaking of decals, has anyone sources the lightening bolt decal for the Bosch "coil"? It's a foil item and mine is "plum wore out"!

Tom
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Tom,

Some people have bought coils JUST for their ‘good’ foil sticker … ( ah…that would be me)

As far as I know no one is repoping them over here ...but there’s a UK web site that has’m or at least they say they have’m ….

Have it on my ‘favorites’ back home but someone will come up with it for ya…

Cheers,
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Thanks, Nick!

Best regards,

Tom
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

And there-ya go Tom...
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Tom

I will be seeing the guys from M471 tomorrow at our bi-annual Porsche autojumble. Do you want me to get anything for you?
    Nick Moss - Early 911S #476 - RGruppe #318 - early911.co.uk

Absolutely! I'll take a Vorsicht decal or two. Check out the roll bar. Nice looking work.
    Contact me via PM and let me know what needs to be done to get you paid for your efforts.
    I truely appreciate the thought.

Tom
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111