Thread: NorCal Monterey Caravan?

NorCal Monterey Caravan?

Wondering if anyone has made plans to meet somewhere in the Bay Area for the drive to Monterey on Friday for the RGruppe gathering? I know some Bay Area people are heading down Thursday evening . . .

Probably we should have a group meeting start at 'Easy' and gather another group down near the Los Gatos/San Jose area? Since we're relatively close to Monterey, it would be nice to do an alternate route instead of 101. Perhaps we head over Hwy 17 and down the coast or even take Hwy 9 over the mountains from Los Gatos. Any thoughts?

--gary
    Gary

I can't go, (not an RGruppie) but I'd suggest getting up real early and heading over Highway 9. If you don't get up early, you're more likely to get stuck behind a slow poke. Nothing more frustrating on miles of windy road in a P-car.
    Charlie
    '66 912
    '50 VW Bug
    '89 VW syncro Tristar Doka
    '83 VW Westfalia

Charlie,

I don't think you need to be an RGruppe member to go. Dwight and I are heading down Saturday morning, just for the day. It's all I could get out of the wife. I think my 4 year old is coming too.
    Chris Purpura @civilizedmisfit
    Member #479
    Current Cars:
    1972 911T aka The "Civilized Misfit" Build
    See: https://www.excellence-mag.com/issue...vilized-misfit
    Miss February - EarlySRegistry 2023 Calendar
    1968 911S Ossi Blau/Beige Corduroy

Past Cars:
    2019 911 Carrera GTS (sold, no regrets)
    73S - #1100 (restored and now somewhere in Europe)
    1997 993 Carrera 4S Black on Black (sold)

Gary:
    I am planning on going down to Monterey some time after 12:00 but before 2:30. I would be glad to join a group going down.
    I also have room for some one to ride if needed.
    Bill
    Bill Cilker, Jr.
    Gold 72 911S
    31 Ford Model A
    PCA, Early S Registry (#98) & RGruppe (#272)
    Rotarian

I seem to remember reading somewhere a desire to keep this an Rgruppe member-only event. Maybe I'm mistaken.
    Charlie
    '66 912
    '50 VW Bug
    '89 VW syncro Tristar Doka
    '83 VW Westfalia

not so

The event is open to those who want to register as an "official registered participant". This gets you into the R Gruppe car show at the Hyatt on Friday and Sat as well as the corral at Laguna Seca. It also has treats and goodies for all who wants to pay the entry fee.

If you've got a 911 and want to come and play, come on down.

Cris Huergas

p.s. send me an e-mail at crgrp2@aol.com if you'd like to receive an entry form.

browsing if free

For those who wants to come and just browse at the cars,
    if that's all you want to do, that's fine by me too. There is no charge for that. I don't own the place so i can't keep you guys out even if I wanted to. Beside why would I do that. Its all about enjoying the cars, the people and the event. That's what we do in R GRuppe events.

Cris

event schedule

Chris, is there an event schedule for Sat.?
    Harold
    '73 S coupe
    '73 Targa
    '74 RSR clone
    '68 v.w. crewcab

There's an event schedule and more information listed in the Events section of the RGruppe website:

http://www.rgruppe.org/Events/events.html

--gary
    Gary