Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lug Nut Trivia ???

Lug Nut Trivia ???

Recently acquired a '67 912 with '67S 4.5" Fuchs alloys. Wheels have likely been on the car since near new. The lug nuts are not light alloy, but rather are steel with chrome plating. They look exactly like the black light alloy nuts. Are these aftermarket or did the very early alloys come with steel "acorn nuts" from the factory?

The lug nuts on my '67S were alloy, not steel. Is it possible the 912 came with steel wheels and nuts and they swapped the wheels for the alloy ones but used the same nuts?

Just a guess.
    TT
    Tom Tweed
    Early S Registry #257
    R Gruppe #232
    Rennlist Founding Member #990416-1164
    PCA National DE Instructor
    Read my surf novel!

admin_old
    I haven't seen chrome factory lugs on a 911, but then I'm not the restoration guy. My car ('69T) was originally equipped with factory chrome wheels (steel). They had unplated steel lug nuts.

Sherwood

same for my car...

Originally posted by admin
    My car ('69T) was originally equipped with factory chrome wheels (steel). They had unplated steel lug nuts.

Sherwood
    My 67 911 came with factory chrome plated steel wheels and hubcaps. It had unplated steel lug nuts.

Shawn.
    67 coupe roller
    99 M96 2.5 litre
    early911s reg 447
    R Gruppe 399

Rescue, Are they exactly like the alloy lug nuts or similar? Can you send us a photo?

Zitronengelb R1012 the RatBasterd
    RGruppe #183

They look identical to my eye. The obvious difference, other than the chrome, is the weight. I have never seen nuts like them before and I have been playing with these cars for 35 years.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Facinating, they sure look like Porsche stuff.

RGruppe #183

Boy, you guys are tough hombres. Steel nuts, alloy nuts? Chrome Plated Nuts!!!???
    I'm giving all of you a wide berth.

Tom
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Talking

Any brass nuts out there?!

RGruppe #183

so is it ok to use steel nuts on fuchs
    Love the classic porsches then visit

www.ddk-online.com