Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sport Seat screw help needed

Sport Seat screw help needed

I need some help finding several replacement screws for the angle bracket of the sport seats in the RS. In the first photo, the screw on the left shows what happened and the one on the right shows what they should look like. I can't seem to find the correct replacement screws. I called Autos Int. and they sent me several but they are longer, the thread pattern goes all the way to the neck of the head, but worst of all the heads are bigger in diameter.

Does anyone have some used ones in a cup somewhere on their work bench they could sell me? For referance their total length is 23mm, the threads are 14mm long, the head is 13mm across and the threaded end is 8mm in diameter. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

screws

Looks like the aluminum screw that holds brackets onto sport seats 66-73 style. I replaced mine couple years back by ordering them from dealer.

They maybe made of an AL alloy, they seem light for their size. Unfortunately these are NLA from Porsche.
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

Jared Rundell - Registered User JCR's Avatar
    Brian,

Have you tried Stoddard? I know they have lots of hardware available, some NLA stuff too. May be worth a call.
    Jared
    '73 911S #0793
    '69 912_ #0602
    Early S #0454
    RGruppe #0391

Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Jared,

I got NLA from Stoddard and Pelican.

Tom,

Thanks for the link. I didn't see a matching screw on their on-line catalogue, but I will send them photos and a description to see what they can come up with.
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

A picture is worth a thousand words and that should help you find what you need.
    I have the "big" Metric & Multi Standard 3 ring binder catalog. I'll give it a look and see what I find.
    I have to tell you it's mighty boring.

Tom
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Are these screws the same as used in standard seats? Those are a dime a dozen, and you may be able to find a wrecked-em yard willing to pull them from a pair of shot standard seats? Just a thought...
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

Originally posted by pwd72s
    Are these screws the same as used in standard seats? Those are a dime a dozen, and you may be able to find a wrecked-em yard willing to pull them from a pair of shot standard seats? Just a thought...
    Better yet, call Tony Garcia at Autos International and ask him for advice. I'll bet that there are a hundred of them laying around looking for a home.

Tom
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Paul,

Unfortunately they are not the same. I ordered a set of those from Pelican but they are smaller than the size I need.

Tom,

I did get a set of new ones from Autos but they are longer and the head is bigger. Now that you given me the name of a contact there I will send him a photo of what I need and maybe he can find some used ones. Thanks for the idea.
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299