Thread: PCA-SDR Performance Driving School openings

PCA-SDR Performance Driving School openings

FYI:
    For the first time that I can remember, the semi-annual PCA-SDR performance driving school has not sold out on the very first day of accepting applications. According to the organizers, there are still a few spots open for this May 7-9th school at Qualcomm Stadium. If you want to learn more about driving your Porsche at the limit in a controlled environment, this is one of the best beginner programs available in Lo Cal. Applications are available at this link. You must be a PCA member to attend for insurance reasons. No prior HPDE experience necessary.

TT
    Tom Tweed
    Early S Registry #257
    R Gruppe #232
    Rennlist Founding Member #990416-1164
    PCA National DE Instructor
    Read my surf novel!

Thumbs up Cool!

Thanks Tom. Looks like I might try and sneak away in the GT3
    Bahia Red '72 911S
    Meerblau PTS 2019 Speedster
    GP Silver, 2018 GT2RS WP....the BEAST
    Daytona Gray 2021 RS6 Avant....BEAST #2...Best daily EVER

ES #333

GONE...MANY, many great ones....

Thumbs up PCA-SDR HPDS

This is an excellent program, bar none. I took this very same course last year and it is an eye opener for sure. You are in good hands with very competent, qualified PCA instructors.

Neither you or your P-car can get hurt, and you will come away with ALOT better comprehension of what you as a driver are capable of.

Best bang-for-the-buck around as far as a hi-performance driving school is concerned.
    Johnny Riz
    73E euro 3.2 w. a few goodies
    Rgrp 152
    S Reg 335

Re: Cool!

Originally posted by 69Sman
    Thanks Tom. Looks like I might try and sneak away in the GT3
    If you do, Stacy, you must, I repeat, MUST include on your application that you are requesting ME as your instructor! We have had several GT-3s come out to events lately, but I have never been paired up with a student driving one yet, and would LOVE to see how one goes.

BTW, do not bother washing your car for the week or two before this event. They employ a water tanker truck to wet down the skidpads and exercise areas in the lot to reduce traction and save the tires on the student's cars as they explore the limits of the "friction circle" at reduced speeds, so it will get very dirty on Sat. from the spray off the wheels. Sunday will be a practice autox in the dry (unless it rains, which is unlikely).

The guest lecturer last year at the Chalk Talk session on Friday was none other than Alan Johnson. I hope they were able to engage him again for this year.

Come on down!
    TT
    Tom Tweed
    Early S Registry #257
    R Gruppe #232
    Rennlist Founding Member #990416-1164
    PCA National DE Instructor
    Read my surf novel!

Thumbs up Recommended!!!

Stacy,
    As an ongoing (graduate) Student of Toms, I have to chime in that TT will get you up to speed in as short a time as you are safely capable of.... and in a comfortable, no-pressure style.

Don't miss this opportunity...!!!
    Johnny Riz
    73E euro 3.2 w. a few goodies
    Rgrp 152
    S Reg 335