Thread: RS CARRERA international event

RS CARRERA international event

myself,rennman,ml911rs are talking about planning a RS event,track concours,diner,and the usual things;we would like to make this special,not only national,but international;rs carrera,rs americas,rs clones. WHO'S INTERESTED;the more rs's that can attend the better we can plan this event CAN BE. YOUR IMPUT IS WELCOME,PLUS WHO IS INTERESTED.LET US KNOW WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Jared Rundell - Registered User JCR's Avatar
    What's not to like???

As long as I can park my S in a corral somewhere.
    Jared
    '73 911S #0793
    '69 912_ #0602
    Early S #0454
    RGruppe #0391

RS

Hello !
    if you planning for the east-coast, maybe i can fix a vacantion trip ... in summer with my replique...
    Raynald
    1973 RS Réplique
    http://pages.globetrotter.net/rayfec/

Frank,

I agree, the idea sounds great. Do you have a thought on when it would be. If it is an international event then it may need to be in 2005? Let me know it I can help plan anything. Would you have it at Lime Rock? That would be great fun!
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

Sounds like a potentially great event and gathering. The itinerary outline sounds like it will work out too, except for the "Track" part.

Reason I say that is because this last Jan '04 we (RGruppe So Cal.) Tried with no luck in attracting any RS owners to come out for a very laid back and casual "day at the track" at Big Willow. We got NO taker from any of the real RS owners here in So. Cal....unless I missed something.....

H'ver we did get a great turnout of 18 or so other very track worthy RGruppe 911's for a virtually wide open day of Big Willow all to ourselves...a great time !!!

Hopefully if a track day does materialize in the RS event, the owners won't miss out again on a really great opportunity of driving on a real track in their own RS's

Good Luck !!!!
    Johnny Riz
    73E euro 3.2 w. a few goodies
    Rgrp 152
    S Reg 335

Having a "bit" of experience running clubs and track events, if i may offer some suggestions
    1) hold the event in a place where our significant others can enjoy themselves. Not all of our partners in life like meeting at a track with nothing to do in town
    2) Offer novice /expert groupings for the track sessions. Offer skilled instructors to help the novices find their way around- not fast mind you, but with skill
    3) NO timing would be allowed for this event so as to promote safer driving without the pressure of ANY competition ( I know this can be hard to swallow when you are a P car owner!)
    4) Restrict real RS's to their own track sessions. With the value of these cars going skyward, the owners need the reassurance that they are sharing the space with like minded individuals ("Keep my car intact!")
    5) Mandatory class room for all drivers stressing the importance of what the track day is about
    6) Offer a nice controlled backroads tour for the non-track minded- BUT schedule it so those of us that enjoy the track can also join in (again a drivers meeting should be scheduled for the tour)

There are a ton of other smaller details, but maybe this $.02 will help
    Let's do it!
    Dave

RS Event

Frank,
    Sounds great to me! What do we need to do?

Dave, I like your ideas all the way around... I'll put my cars on the track for certain!

Jol