Thread: Oil Pressure

Oil Pressure

Hi everybody.Im sorry if this is too long. I am trying to bring back to life a 72 t that has sat for at least 15 years. I pulled out the engine and transmission last summer and did a good clean up of it all as well as the engine compartment. I replaced the clutch, tranny shift rod seal, pulled apart the zenith carbs and rebuilt , (siezed). I had to replace a couple chain ramps and I added some safety collars to the tesioners.
    Back in the car after a few elctrical issues the engine would turn over and appear to make 1 bar oil pressure.(dash guage). I proceeded to start the car and it fired up and ran. Good news! However I noticed the oil pressure never went any higher so suspecting the dash guage I installed a manual guage directly on the engine only to find no pressure. Pulled oil filter and is empty.javascript:smilie('')
    Could the oil pump have lost its prime over the winter(no oil in engine)? or am I looking at a malfunctioning pump? How would I prime it? Any ideas would be helpful. thanks Clarence.
    Clarence

72 911T Irish Green
    81 931 Minerva Blue
    84 Carrera Targa Guards Red Sold
    71 911E Yellow
    72 911T RS look project White

I would definitely be looking at the pump for starters.

You might try posting your question here ->

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/forum...p?s=&forumid=8

Bottom line...do not run your engine any more with no oil pressure. You must figure this out before you destroy your engine. I would already be concerned.

Thanks for the advice , I have now posted over there as well.
    Clarence

72 911T Irish Green
    81 931 Minerva Blue
    84 Carrera Targa Guards Red Sold
    71 911E Yellow
    72 911T RS look project White