Hi everybody.Im sorry if this is too long. I am trying to bring back to life a 72 t that has sat for at least 15 years. I pulled out the engine and transmission last summer and did a good clean up of it all as well as the engine compartment. I replaced the clutch, tranny shift rod seal, pulled apart the zenith carbs and rebuilt , (siezed). I had to replace a couple chain ramps and I added some safety collars to the tesioners.
Back in the car after a few elctrical issues the engine would turn over and appear to make 1 bar oil pressure.(dash guage). I proceeded to start the car and it fired up and ran. Good news! However I noticed the oil pressure never went any higher so suspecting the dash guage I installed a manual guage directly on the engine only to find no pressure. Pulled oil filter and is empty.javascript:smilie('')
Could the oil pump have lost its prime over the winter(no oil in engine)? or am I looking at a malfunctioning pump? How would I prime it? Any ideas would be helpful. thanks Clarence.