Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: R Gruppe Thank Yous

Just one quick story on Bobby's IROC RSR days, he actually looked forward to drivng the car. In fact, he went out and bought a 911 just to get some experience. His memory was a bit fuzzy on which year and model but he said it was a new car
    so maybe a 74 911?
    He said the first drive he had in the "trainer car" was great, he liked the way it shifted and handled and generally was really
    impressed. Then, when the lots were drawn and he got into his assigned RSR, it shifted poorly and had an engine miss. He brought it back in and complained to the German engineer who said that was impossible, the cars were all perfect. At that point he gave up arguing and just drove what he was assigned to drive. There was a grievance arrangement whereby you could
    complain about the car you were given but he opted to just drive the one assigned and go with it.
    But, he did not indicate any dislike for the cars and even kept his 911 for a while.
    More to come....
    Bruce Herrmann
    '73 911S

Looking back....

...at the weekend , I'm totally "unfocused" today...

Thank's everybody for a great time../ Lars...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I echo everybody's kind words for Roger, Cris, Freeman and all of the other worker bees.

This weekend was truly spectacular. I don't think I have ever enjoyed a drive as much as that Saturday morning breathtaker!

Great to see all of the same great people again and to reconnect with those I hadn't seen since last year.

I'm truly indebted to all of the great people who make this club the brotherhood that it is.

Wolfman
    2015 McLaren 650S spider
    2001 Ferrari 550
    2010 Ariel Atom 3
    1979 Ferrari 308gtb

Paid-up Registry Member & proud of it!!

Thumbs up oh yeah !!!

Not much more I can add to everything that's been said so far... 'cos it's all spot on. So I'll just have to say that this was the high water mark to date of our yearly RGruppe get togethers.

We seemed to be nothing more than a blip on the Hyatt's radar and they really seemed to understand our car culture...at least alot more than prior venue hosts did.

The saterday drive was a very good blend of twisties and wide open stretches. ending up at Laguna Seca was a nice destination and I enjoyed watching fellow RGruppe members Carl Akin and Gorden Ledbetter turn some real good lap times in their respective classes (I was tracking their times myself.. )

Great times, wicked 911's and really great friends........

cheers!!
    Johnny Riz
    73E euro 3.2 w. a few goodies
    Rgrp 152
    S Reg 335

Blah blah blah and let's not forget blah blah blah...do U think you Boyz could possibly shorten these saccharine platitudes they are tending to drone on and are making me nauseaous...
    Master of the Buffet

Voice of Reasoned Conservatism

From a dog's eye view...

Even as a black lab mix, I feel that having to follow a Tabs post, makes sniffing butts more preferable - no matter what he wrote (on ignore list), but as a dog, I digress.

I too wanted to thank Chris, Freeman, et all, for the truly outstanding job done this year. The bar was certainly raised, by the venue, the drive, the fantastic banquet, and all the other little touches that so many humans performed to make this a huge success. Who would have guessed mere mortals were so capable? But a water an R Gruppe water dish would have been nice.

One thing is abundantly clear, is that der gruppemeister and Freeman, genuinely care about the club and each of its members. It is shown by the attention to detail and the quantum leap of the event. Chris stated how moved he was by the standing O, - he deserved much more - but what really shows his care and what kind of guy he is. Chris called my master, who was working under his car when the throttle linkage unexpectedly came apart, right after driving to our home in Washington, to say that he felt badly for not having the opportunity to personally thank me and to say good by at the event's end. Talk about a human being moved.... It is that kind of effort and concern that takes Chris far and above the rest. It is truly a remarkable club, led by a remarkable man.

Man that fillet down there was tasty too.

Regards,
    Sadie and her slave - who still doesn't drive fast enough - Rick
    71 914 3.0, 82 SC, ESR 376, RG 307

"The problem with the world is, the ignorant are cock-sure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertram Russell

Thumbs up

To add to what's already been said...

My my deepest thanks to Cris, Freeman, Roger, and to all who put the obvious time and effort into a GREAT weekend.

Also thanks to Cain the 'Toast Meister' and the behind-da-scenes skills of Gary, and Randy at the banquet.

The cars, weather, and most of all the people were best yet...

And one last thanks to TRE's Dave Bouzaglou for showing me a new twist on my old route home...

it was a great way to end the event...

and BTW, on the way home...'English' Rob and his car kicks ass

Cheers,
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Hmmm..did U boyz ever think of doing infomercials?
    Master of the Buffet

Voice of Reasoned Conservatism

Cris, Freeman and Roger a great big THANKS for a weekend. This year was definately better than last year. Having one parking lot made it easier to meet people. Also the banquet was a great addition.
    Bill Cilker, Jr.
    Gold 72 911S
    31 Ford Model A
    PCA, Early S Registry (#98) & RGruppe (#272)
    Rotarian

Thumbs up Monterey

I will keep this one short. The event was the best ever, great to see all of you having sooooo muuuuch fun, Cheri and I had a blast, and the Stork that brought Tabs to the world should be arrested!!!
    S Registry #265
    R Gruppe #224