Thread: One for the seat police

One for the seat police

This seat is fitted in a 2.7RS Replica being finished off in my painter's workshop. The motor is a 2.8 RSR twin plug motor with high butterfly injection. The seat came from Josh Sadler of Autofarm and is apparently a genuine RSR seat.

Nick Moss - Early 911S #476 - RGruppe #318 - early911.co.uk

Surely reminds me of my friends '74 IROC car seat. Gulf Blue belonging to Bob Beasley. Rode real hard and put away wet every year at Daytona until 1988 #460035.
    Nice headrests, eh? Go fast and don't hit anything with the back of the car!?!

Tom
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

it does appear to be an early scheal bucket with there mounting hardware,but I'm not so sure about RSR, although seats in early race cars did seem to very with the driver.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Sam

Self anointed Head of the SSSP
    ( Super secret seat police )
    our motto is : if you've got a bug up your ass, we put it there

67S polo red 307958S (gone but not forgotten )
    87 factory turbolook Lagoon green metallic ( G50 O'yeah )

The RSR used Recaro seats from what I know. That seat seems a little early for 73. It seems more correct for an ST which I guess is good for the owner of the ST replica! Nice seat.

Best,

Don

Early Scheel Buckets

I have a pair of those Scheel seats that need recovering, I have only one headrest though. I have tried the standard Porsche 73 ones and they fit.
    Anyone want to buy these seats?
    I am looking for 993 tuning parts, big reds etc
    Ian 925 570 1770
    Anouska's Daddy 1995-2005 Now and Forevermore

Re: Early Scheel Buckets

Yes, agree with Sam...looks like an early Scheel in appearance. I've never seen one in an RSR. Most '73 RSRs I've seen have non-adjuster perlon covered RS Lightweight seats with a higher bolstered version used for the driver side. I'm sure there were some special ordered seats though (like the Recaro ST seats in the orange Panorama cover RSR).
    Randy Wells
    Automotive Writer/Photographer/Filmmaker
    www.randywells.com/blog
    www.hotrodfilms.com

Early S Registry #187

Scheel......square logo in the back upper section is theirs......

Eric

Bronx Cheer!

Tom
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Thanks guys. I am am told it is in original condition. I will try to get some better pictures next time I am down there
    Nick Moss - Early 911S #476 - RGruppe #318 - early911.co.uk