Thread: '73 2.4S UK RHD in existance

'73 2.4S UK RHD in existance

I'm told 58 were produced in '73, anyone know how many survive?

rhd cars

yes, indeed a rhd 73 S is very rare! why not start a registry for them and invite owners to fill in? Josh Sadler at Autofarm might be able to help with some chassis #s on cars they've known

Unfortunately I don't have the exact answer for you, but I did some quick research on the Autofarm site as well as Mark Waring's site World-Wide Classics and came up with:

- 34 RHD 2.2S coupes in 1970 delivered to the UK
    - 46 RHD 2.4S Targas in 1973 " " " " (14 are known to survive)
    - 6 RHD 2.4S Coupes survive in silver.

Contact info. is porsche@autofarm.co.uk <porsche@autofarm.co.uk> and enquiries@wwclassics.com <enquiries@wwclassics.com>
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

We have a RHD 73' S, Viper green and a real honey. it was one of 4 or five that were delivered new to Australia. I personally know of three of these cars here currently.

Actually there were 15, 73 S cars delivered RHD into Australia, 9 Coupes and 6 Targas. I believe most are still in existance I personally have owned a 2.4S Coupe and currently have a 2.4S Targa as well as the recently acquired RS #101.

Clyde

Don't want to hijack your thread, however any of you down under guys interested in a 74 911 Sporto targa - please let me know.

This one is for sale in Sydney:

Thanks Clyde,
    Where have all the 73 S models gone then?? With that many imported you would think that more than a few would still be around. Apart from ourselves we had friends looking to buy through some well connected dealers for a coupe, they could not locate more than 4 different cars still here!

All the best,
    Dan
    PS. The RS is a great car, enjoy her well!!
    LHD '67 S
    RHD '68 TR
    RHD '71 S
    RHD '73 S
    RHD '73 RS #335
    And a whole lot more 356's!

Dan,

You have Paul Maugers old 2.4S unless I am mistaken and Brian Powers old RS which used to be red but I see is now white and was originally Light Ivory.

The RS I have should be light yellow, my favourite early Porsche colour, but has been red and is white like yours currently. Lots of poking and scraping has revealed yellow paint in all the right areas.

I hope you are in touch with Mike Gillies in Qld as we are attempting to form an early 911 registry and with all those cars you could be President. If you still want a 2.4S try Ian Henderson here in Melbourne he bought my 2.4S Coupe, Gemini Blue and perfect and he might sell you never know. Grant at Autohaus in Sydney, Ian Hamiltons old place, would know where 4 or 5 S cars are but I don't think any are for sale.

I will probably sell the 2.4S Targa when completed, it will be better than any other in Australia.

By the way nice web site love the collection the family has put together and I am sure they are not all listed there either!!!

Clyde Boyer

Yes you are right Clyde, we have Paul's old '73. It is a great car, but sadly does not get used that much!! (Was your blue car the one advertised in the last 6 months? it looked nice.) Our RS seems to be used every other weekend, just love that car. Looks like we are getting another Pre 73 911 in the next week or so.. I think you may like this car. Tell you more once we receive it ok.
    Not so sure about being a president of any club, but we really do love using and showing many of the cars throughout the year. Posche club up this way is very well run and has a great sprint series that I have been running the 71 S and the RS in for the last few years. Although the later cars seem to be more prevelant at the sprints the older cars are still well respected at all the events. Especially when you turn in quicker times....

I can see you are pretty up to date with Aussie 911's, I was wondering if in your travels you came across a 911s that was raced by John Mathison back in the early eighties? Also, another 911 was that raced by Peter Fitzgerald in the early eighties and later bought by Greg Lovett and apparently stolen. Have you heard of either of these cars?

All the best,
    Dan
    LHD '67 S
    RHD '68 TR
    RHD '71 S
    RHD '73 S
    RHD '73 RS #335
    And a whole lot more 356's!