Hey -
I'm a new guy here but have been reading this page forever. Here's my issue:

I would like a dual purpose DE/weekend car,
A local guy has an RS clone that has almost never been driven. It however has a 2.7 High Compression piston engine with Webers, a rebuilt 915, correct RS flares, nice graphics, and an extra set of Revolutions. It was an autocross car so it has an uprated rs struts and rs brakes. It has a very nice autocross cage in it as well.

The exterior has been completely redone and is an 8/10. The interior is an 8/10 but has sparco rally seats.

My main concern is that I can't resell this if I buy it. The owner has about $38,000 into it and from my research, these cars in good knick are worth in the low 20's. My question is: do these cars have any real resale value, or am I going to be wedded to this car forever?

For the record a very respectable mechanic that I know told me, that a totally stockearly 911S wouldn't really be a good track car generally because it would need so many upgrades. That would be my 1rst choice since preservation on these cars seems to be "a good thing".. ANy input would be appreciated!

Jeff