1973 911S Coupe. Aubergine/Black. 70K miles (reportedly)

If/when this car pops up for sale again....... beware!

It was advertised in Hemming's recently as "numbers matching, 70K original miles, very clean and correct."

It was then verbally and through e-mail described to me by the current owner as a "rust-free, never hit, excellent condition" example. He volunteered that the car had been repainted in the mid 90's "to a very high standard". He's owned the car only since 2/04, so I tracked down its previous owner, and he also described it as rust free, etc., etc., etc.

I had a PPI done on it yesterday, and after only about 30 minutes into the process, the shop owner called me to report what he had found so far, and to ask me if I wanted him to continue with the comprehensive inspection I had commissioned him to do. Here's what he reported; rusted undercarriage, below average repaint with overspray everywhere, and numerous oil leaks. All of this was in addition to the fact that I had already uncovered; although the car originally had a Lasur Blue interior, it's now fitted with a black leather interior.

I've purchased many vehciles in my 52 years, to include a Porsche now and then, and I can honestly say most of them turned out to be as good or better than how the sellers described them. It disturbs and disappoints me that there are people out there that deliberately mislead and attempt to swindle prospective buyers.

I'm just thankful that I had the PPI done!