Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Future of the Glacier Blue

Future of the Glacier Blue

WOW . . . my first post as an Early 911 Owner (well almost).

Yup I got it and as some people have told me it was quite a journey to find this car. Thanks to Tom (aka sithot) for posting the info and the pic's on this car.

I don't want to jinx the deal because I have yet to hear confirmation from Weldon, but I assume (usually a mistake) that my funds should be in his hands on Monday and I should have a "green" light.

My plans for this car are to keep it as original as possible. I expect to replace/fix the normal wear and tear items. But if I can save the paint . . . I'd rather not re-paint it. I mean, I think the old cars develop a beautiful patina (yes, even with the primer coming through) and I want this to be a driver that I can have a blast with.

Mechanically, I'll drop the motor and trans to have a real good inspection on its condition . . . of course a detailed cleaning of the motor and engine bay. Replace all the rubber items that have dried out over the years . . . window/door gaskets, etc. A complete inspection and sort of the suspension and brakes. Probably a good flush and clean for the gas tank. Inspect and sort the electrical system. Re-chrome or powder coating for all the beautiful little bits and pieces. Geez . . . and the list just goes on and on. Bottom line for me . . . original, original, original as possible. Which makes this car so great because it actually comes with the window sticker!!! It just doesn't get any better than this.

So what the heck I'll risk the "jinx" . . . . I've got say a BIG THANK YOU to the members of this board. The information I've gathered here has been priceless during my pusuit and now someday I may actually contribute a small bit of wisdom as I begin my project.

BTW, I'm in Thousand Oaks, CA . . . which is just north of Los Angeles and a little south of Santa Barbara. So lots of great resources here for Early 911's and of course there is this great Board.

I'll post again tomorrow as soon as I speak to Weldon.

Cheers,

Tom C.

Talking How could I forget . . .

TKO,

Your 71 is flat out INCREDIBLE . . . I can only imagine the effort it has taken to get his car as beautiful as it is.

I'm sure you've enjoyed every step of the process and I hope it brings you many years of enjoyment.

Mine will not come close to this, but I do share your commitment and passion for the Porsche.

Congrat's,

Tom C.

Tom C.

Congrats on a brilliant acquisition!!!! I'm quite happy to see that little gem is coming to So. Cal.

I expect to see it soon - perhaps the German Autofest in September?!?!?!

Good luck with the sprucing up of the car. And you are correct - the many talented and knowledgable enthusiasts on this board will be enormously helpful to you along the way. That is what makes this hobby so muuch fun!

Let us all know what you think when the car arrives in TO. Best regards.

Rob
    2015 McLaren 650S spider
    2001 Ferrari 550
    2010 Ariel Atom 3
    1979 Ferrari 308gtb

Paid-up Registry Member & proud of it!!

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the well wishes. Funny, I spent many nights looking at the pic's of your 75 Carrera . . . talking myself into and outof calling you. It's a beautiful and rare car.

Yes, you can bet I will have it at the German Autofest in September and look forward to meeting you then.

Cheers,

Tom C.

Tom C.

Congrats on the car. It sounds great and the color is very cool. It is refreshing to see the unique period colors!
    Thanks for the compliments. You are right the jouney and process is half the fun with these cars, so enjoy and be patient.
    Hope to meet and see your car oneday.

Cheers,
    Tom
    Early 911S Reg #544

And now you all know.

Best,

Tom
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Talking Hip Hip Hooray

Just got off the phone with Weldon.

The deal is done and the Glacier Blue "S" will soon be in it's new home.

Hip Hip Hooray . . . time to celebrate!!!

Cheers to all,

Tom C.

I seem to have missed out here, where was the car advertised?
    Nick Moss - Early 911S #476 - RGruppe #318 - early911.co.uk

Nick:

I had it listed under the General Info listing: "Inquiring Minds Need To Know". I wasn't selling it so it was not my place to list it under the classifieds. I wrote a brief review, took some pictures and threw it to the wolves to see if there was any interest in a decent original "S".
    I'm slam out of room or I would have bought it. It was a hard one to walk away from.

Looks like it's going to a good home.

Best,

Tom

PS: Congratulations Tom! That makes Tom #2 that I helped score a car. That's has be good for my Porsche Karma!
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

HI where can i see a pic of this baby???
    I dont know how glacier blue looks like. But many told me, that this colour ist still great so maybe this will be the right colour of my 72T which i am restoring the next month???

Best regards
    Winnie from germany
    1972 T targa vipergreen in very bad condition (what should i do with it?)
    1972 T Coupe in restoration (i'll do many work on it)
    1978 SC Targa in good condition and a lil bit more hp's than the original 180 (al lil bit to new for me, but a great driver)