Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Midwest Gatherings

Jared Rundell - Registered User JCR's Avatar

Midwest Gatherings

Hey all you midwest members! There's a few events coming up... "Taj Kreuzers" (June 4,5,6) and "Porsches to Pinckney" (July 30,31).

A few of us talked about getting together at one or both of these events, which from what I hear, need a better early 911 showing. Meeting other Registry members was one of the highlights at Rennsport. I'd like to get another chance to meet those I missed (Brian!) and swap s'more BS with those I've already met.

I'll be going to Pinckney, still considering Taj. So watcha think... who's in???? Here's some links.

Taj Kreuzers
    Porsches to Pinckney
    Jared
    '73 911S #0793
    '69 912_ #0602
    Early S #0454
    RGruppe #0391

Yeah how did we end up in the same restaurant in Daytona and not meet?

A great idea to have a Midwest Gathering with our early cars included. Much to my utter frustration both of our cars are down for the count for various reasons and my wife will be going out of town for the first weekend in June. So the second event in Pickney, near Ann Arbor could be a possibility and something to shoot for. That is fairly close to you Jared, did you go last year?

Curt, you may not want to go since you don't have to cross multiple state lines to get there.
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

Too much alliteration

Jared:

Hadn't heard of the P2P before you mentioned it. Sounds like a good weekend for the early911 Midwestern crowd to get together. If my car stays on its now briefly delayed schedule, I should be able to be there with the Viper Green E Targa. I have already primed the wife, and saw that she was looking for B&B's in Ann Arbor.

Ahh the price for doing a Porsche weekend.

larry
    Early 911S Registry Member #537

73 - Viper Green 911E Targa - Kermit - Gone but not forgotten

Kermit's Short Story and Pix on the 911E Website

06 - Lexus IS250 MT6
    98 - Volvo 70V XC

Guys,
    I will be at Taj with my son (the one that travelled with me to Daytona) and two of the 73 911's- probably the sporto S and the MFI T. Will I see you there, Jared? In which case we can have a longer conversation than the 12 sec intro and handshake at the start of the parade lap at Daytona!
    Hope to see all of the luminaries, lesser luminaries, the great unwashed, and the merely moderately disfunctional at Taj.
    Not sure yet about Pinckny. This morning is the first that I have heard about it.
    John Meyer, aka: The Capitalist Roader

Jared:

I'll plan on being at P2P. Maybe we can 'rally' out there together?

Thanks,
    Tom
    Early 911S Reg #544

Originally posted by caproader
    Not sure yet about Pinckny. This morning is the first that I have heard about it.
    John Meyer, aka: The Capitalist Roader
    John: Gotta move fast, or you will be left in the pits. Can't make it to Taj, so I am hoping that if the VGE is done by then, I can see all you guys at Pinckney. Then you will have the opportunity to pick apart a machine that you haven't seen before.

larry

06 - Lexus IS250 MT6
    98 - Volvo 70V XC

I just registered for the Saturday Taj Kreuze last weekend. There's a limited number of slots available. So if anybody wants to do it, register now! The show is wide open, but the Kreuze is limited to 100 cars.

http://www.tajmagaraj.com/events/kreuzers_2004/

I'll probably do the P2P again this year as well. There's a fun 'poker rally', although it only lasts about an hour.

http://vista.pca.org/ebe/p2p.htm

Another event is the 17th Annual Stoddard Swap Meet in Cleveland, June 12th. Not sure if I'll make that one or not, being the weekend right after the Taj Kreuze.

http://www.stoddard.com/parts/swap_meet_info.htm

Where we meeting for p2p?
    '71 911S Targa

I will be at the Taj deal as well. Always a fun little show.
    Dave
    Renn-Spot - Cars & parts For Sale - http://renn-spot.blogspot.com/
    1970 911"S" - Black (originally silver)
    1974 911"S" - Silver
    1973 911"T" - Bahia Red - Now Sold
    10 sec 67 VW
    Early "S" Registry #439

Can't make it to Taj. Besides, no Viper Green Targa till July. Should be ready for P2P, though. I'll be there.

larry

06 - Lexus IS250 MT6
    98 - Volvo 70V XC