Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Midwest Gatherings

Jonny, I'll probably do Saturday only. Everything happens right in Pinckney. It's a really small little town. There's a bar called the Blue Martini that is sort of the headquarters and everybody meets there. Maybe we can put some more details together as it gets closer. -- Curt

Jared Rundell - Registered User JCR's Avatar
    So far, it looks like the possibilities are:

Taj:
    Caproader
    Cornpanzer
    Curt

P2P:
    Curt
    Fryardds
    JCR
    Johnnysocko
    Larry47us
    TKO

I haven't been to either event before. I'm still deciding about Taj - depends on the timing of a project we are starting at work. I'll see if I can come up with a P2P meeting place - but since I haven't been before, and suggestions are very welcome.

Good call on Stoddard Swap Curt. I haven't been there for about 10 years. Can anyone say how the early part selection been at recent shows?
    Jared
    '73 911S #0793
    '69 912_ #0602
    Early S #0454
    RGruppe #0391

Curt,

What day/time are you driving down to Taj and back to MI?

Originally posted by TKO
    I'll plan on being at P2P. Maybe we can 'rally' out there together?
    Tom, yeah for sure! Just don't park next to me at the show. Whatever cars end up next to that Sig. Yellow beauty of yours will be INVISIBLE!
    Jared
    '73 911S #0793
    '69 912_ #0602
    Early S #0454
    RGruppe #0391

Guys,

I plan to put some sort of sign in front of my 73S that says something like: "Early 911S registry meets here" so everyone will have a place to gather around lunch time. All members of the faithful welcome.

Cap Roader

When I asked where to meet, I meant where are we meeting to drive out there We need to arrive enmass, or at least a few of us together, you know make a little more impact on the crowd. It sounds like fun!
    '71 911S Targa

My expectation is that we will go up on Friday sometime, and stay at a B&B in Ann Arbor. That's my concession to the wife for another Porsche weekend. So, meeting up with you guys from the Detroit area should be OK. Aren't you going to end up driving through Ann Arbor on your way?

Where to meet along the way? I can offer no suggestions. Anywhere you guys point is fine with me. But we have time to worry about that.

larry
    Early 911S Registry Member #537

73 - Viper Green 911E Targa - Kermit - Gone but not forgotten

Kermit's Short Story and Pix on the 911E Website

06 - Lexus IS250 MT6
    98 - Volvo 70V XC

Ohhhh... I gotcha! Let's do like the west coasters and meet somewhere for breakfast!

We can have 2 meeting places, one off of I-696, then another in Ann Arbor when we turn off to Pinckney. I can find a place north of Detroit, but I'm not as familiar with Ann Arbor watering holes.
    Maybe Tabs can suggest a Starbucks location??

Larry, Ann Arbor is a great city - you'll enjoy it!
    Jared
    '73 911S #0793
    '69 912_ #0602
    Early S #0454
    RGruppe #0391

Jared, my plan right now is to drive down to the Taj Friday night. Probably leave late afternoon (4ish?). I'll need to leave for home early Sun. morning.

P2P: I'm game to meet you guys Sat. AM anywhere for breakfast. I'll be driving down from the Saginaw area down US23.

Stoddard: I went 2-3 years ago. Swap meet was small, but I did find a couple of things.

Meeting Location:

This place sounds interesting... Johnny D's Chicken, Fish and Ribs. On SR 36 between US 23 and Pinckney (see red dot on map).

P2P festivities start at 2pm on Friday, and probably earlier on Saturday (11am?). So looks like it'll be more like lunch.

I like Chicken, Fish and Ribs... anyone been there?? Looks like a good final gathering location before making our entrance!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Jared
    '73 911S #0793
    '69 912_ #0602
    Early S #0454
    RGruppe #0391

So for P2P are you planning on Sat. only or what, Jared? I'll be Saturday only. -- Curt