Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Monterey Pics from the dumpster...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Monterey Pics from the dumpster...

Well, I climbed up on the refuse container enclosure to snap a couple of parking lot shots. (Sorry for the delay...I just got the computer set up in the new house...I really was living in the 911 for nearly two weeks) These are from early Friday evening (April 30, 04). The pics pan from left to right of the lot. My new (bought it just two days earlier) conda green 70T is center of the 9 car row in the first pic. The last shot is an action photo of Chuck Miller driving his 73'-S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild and, Rick Cabell hanging on for dear life...with a smile on his face. This was taken Friday morning as we were heading north to Santa Cruz for a Roger Grago hosted/organized tour of Bruce Canepa's shop.

What a great time that was. Sooo many wonderful people and the greatest collection of early cars and car owners on the planet! Thanks Cris and all.

Shawn.

hey, those pics look horrible...what am I doing wrong here?
    67 coupe roller
    99 M96 2.5 litre
    early911s reg 447
    R Gruppe 399

Shawn,

Thanks for sharing, sure am sorry I missed the Gathering this year.

Concerning your photos, what resolution did you take them and what did you reduce them to when you up loaded them? If you reduce them too much, alot of the detail is lost. I usually post 800X600 photos so it will fill the screen of most computers.
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

Um, it's a Sony..

Cyber shot 5.0 Mega pixels. I have to reduce them to 25% to even get them hosted. My addiction to this site is the only reason that I even know that much techno computer stuff. I will see if I can fix them later today.

Thanks Brian, wish I could have meeet you as well. Shawn.
    67 coupe roller
    99 M96 2.5 litre
    early911s reg 447
    R Gruppe 399

Who's Irish green car is that? I saw it driving through Devil's Slide on Hwy 1 the Friday before. I'm thinking of changing the color of my car from white to Irish green, and the one I saw just makes me want to do it more. (My original color was sepia brown, so a re-paint with a new color is acceptible.)
    Charlie
    '66 912
    '50 VW Bug
    '89 VW syncro Tristar Doka
    '83 VW Westfalia

Irish Green...hmmmm, SUPER color choice!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

Here he is.....

.... "multitasking" by driving and shooting at the same time.....
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Originally posted by pwd72s
    Irish Green...hmmmm, SUPER color choice!
    I think we need to take up a collection to buy pwd72s a proper camera.

Originally posted by sundaypunch
    I think we need to take up a collection to buy pwd72s a proper camera.
    No kiddin'. But the car still looks good with the contrast and brightness screwed up.

Tom
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Hey, you mean there's something better out there than an old nikon point and shoot 35mm? I've been thinking digital, but wouldn't have a clue how to hook it to this old HP computer, or even if it would be compatable...the pic above was a scan of a color photo print, sent to me by a friend...
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

Look at the image of the other 911 in Paul's door. Let's build it!